Posted on :
15 Jul, 2016
15 Jul, 2016
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont‘s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programmes in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: HR Global Mobility Rep Senior
The Global Mobility Coordinator is responsible for executing on all internal process as related to 3rd party consultants, as well as supporting regular Global Mobility activities
• Lead the administration of 3rd Party Consultants in the region
• Support Legal and Government Relations in clarifying the applicable laws and process of engaging 3rd party consultants
• Work with Supply Chain Management to establish a smooth process for engaging 3rd party consultants.
• Administer and process permit application forms ensuring compliance with stated policies and procedures
• Support the liaison person between Newmont, Mincom and Immigration in relation to 3rd party consultant’s permitting
• Liaise with Tax to ensure the tax commitments for 3rd party contractors are adhered to
• Develop internal policies and procedures on consultants engagement in alignment with Mincom Regulations and Immigrations laws
• Work with Hiring Managers to ensure 3rd Party consultants are hired according to established policies
• Lead the education of Hiring Managers and necessary stakeholders on 3rd party consultant issues
• Monitor and ensure all persons brought on as consultants exit per schedule
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in processes, documentation, reporting, communication, client relations, etc.
• Implement a periodic survey to assess and improve services delivered
• Develop Frequently Asked Question to cover the basic enquiries that stakeholders have
• Track and Report as appropriate
• Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices
• Support regional Global Mobility work as assigned by Regional Talent Management and Global Mobility Manager.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Position requires travel to and assisting other sites within the region.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Social Science, Psychology or related field
• 6 years of progressive working experience or 8 years of equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Mining, construction, utilities or other heavy industry experience is an advantage.
• Previous work experience in a large multi-cultural setting
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to form effective working relationships and handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
• High attention to detail and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to deal with and handle multi-cultural issues.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.