IBIS is an International Non Government Organization which has been operating in Ghana since 2001. Our Africa Against Poverty Programme (AAP) started in 2006 and this 3rd Phase is scheduled to run to 2014. The goal is to address global structural causes of poverty and to collaborate with others – both nationally, regionally and internationally – to spark activities that influence policies and strategies that eliminate poverty.
IBIS – a Danish INGO operating in Ghana since 2001 – is seeking a Programme Director experienced in governance/conflict resolution and peacebuilding. Although based in Accra the WAHRD programme works across Ghana, Togo, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia & Cote D’ Ivoire. IBIS promotes interface between civil society organisations and government & the Programme Director will need to demonstrate experience in this area. This senior management post is both an exciting and challenging position and offers a unique opportunity for the right individual to make a significant impact in furthering the strategic development of this successful programme.
- Overall strategic programme direction & contribution to the development of organisation wide strategy & policy
- Enabling cross organisational learning processes both within IBIS and with partner organisations
- Leading planning, evaluation and documentation processes both with IBIS and with partner organisations
- Facilitating the effective operation and capacity development of platforms, networks and partners
- Advising & contributing to peacemaking processes at local, national, regional levels
- Contribution and supporting the Senior Management Team within IBIS
You will be joining a dynamic team of committed professionals working in a supportive team environment where gender and diversity are valued. The post attracts a good remuneration and benefits package.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s level degree or equivalent level in understanding in governance, peace building, human rights or any related social sciences
- Practical conflict resolution experience in designing & implementing conflict resolution & peace-building interventions, including experience of working with partnerships
- Experience in programme design and management
- Experience of working in West Africa, preferably within the Mano River Union Countries;
- Working with national and regional partner organisations
- Proven skills in management of resources, strategic planning, financial planning and control
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills including team leadership skills
- A good understanding of ECOWAS, the Conflict Prevention Framework and other relevant Protocols
- Ability to travel widely within the Region
- Ability to speak and write French would be desirable
- The ability to speak French would also be an advantage
How To Apply
Application forms and other relevant data can be downloaded from: www.metacept.org or by email to [email protected]. If you encounter difficulties call Peter on 020-9375933. Please note CVs and other documents will not be considered.
Closing 09 Nov, 2011