An empowerment for change Non-governmental organization working to empower women and young people in Ghana has secured MNCH project with an international organization and seeks the services of the under-listed people to implement the project. The organisation has number of programme areas and has implemented number of interventions in the Northern Sector for more than 10 years.
Job Title: Programme Manager
A project manager and five (5) project officers are currently needed for immediate recruitment and shall be stationed in project sites (Karaga and Mamprugu/Moaduri)
The Manager of the project shall have the overall responsibility for the success of the project and shall supervise all the project officers on the project. He/she will maintain records, including achievements/tracking of project indicators/implementation of the project.
- Lead the implementation of the project in the two districts and communicate directly to the country office of the international partner.
- Identify and develop relationships, ensuring regular engagement and coordination, with key strategic partners in government, MMDAs, civil society and media.
- Promote internal lesson-learning within the implementing team and establish clear linkages with other programme areas in the organization.
- Contribute to the organization’s strategic document by participating in strategic planning and other cross-organizational processes
- Manage and facilitate research work appropriate to the project
- Manage the development and implementation of advocacy strategies targeting decision-makers and opinion-shapers amongst the wider community.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of the project, including developing M&E plans, indicators and processes with support from KM &L manager.
- Ensure Programme documentation and effective information management
- Represent the organization externally, and promote lessons learnt from its Programme implementation.
- Provide information to Communications Team for external communication purposes
- Ensure timely and accountable narrative and financial reporting by project officers in order to comply with donor requirements.
- Develop concepts and ensure sustainable funding for the project.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of first degree in social science or related field with at least three years progressive experience.
- Proven ability to undertake planning, programme development and evaluation.
- Good understanding of the programme area
- Experience in MNCH projects will be an advantage
- Experience in policy and advocacy work.
- Communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing; excellent written.
- Ability to undertake frequent travels.
- Experience of working with colleagues based in other countries.
- Proven experience of working in partnership with other NGOs and NGO networks desirable.
- Facilitation and training skills.
- Salary and working conditions
How to Apply
Applications should be forwarded, not later than July 8th 2016 together with supporting documents, statements of applicant’s vision for the position, Curriculum Vitae maximum contact telephone numbers, e-mail and addresses of three (3) referees to: The Recruitment Team P. O. Box 2425 Tamale OR [email protected]