Posted on :
2 Nov, 2016
2 Nov, 2016
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
Job Title: Bank Tellers
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Process all daily counter transactions for cash/cheque deposit/withdrawals to savings, current and other accounts (involving cash, cheques, inter-account transfers), remittances, drafts, cashiers’ orders, currency exchange and other SCB products.
2. Perform cash reconciliations and control activities such as scrutinizing of cheques and other Bank instruments.
3. Act as backup for counter float/cashiers order, Foreign Draft and Bankers Payment.
4. Identify prospects for cross-selling of products during non-peak transaction period.
5. Referring businesses to Personal Financial Consultant’s (PFC), Relationship Manager’s(RM) Client Service Manager (CSM) and Branch Manager (BM)
6. To deliver quality service to customers.
7. Ensure compliance with:
a. “Guidelines and Procedures on ‘Know your Customer” for Account Opening and “Guidelines and Procedures on Cross-Border Account Opening Referral” issued by Group Business and Operations Risk.
b. Controls and procedures on “Know Your Customer” and Customer Due Diligence introduced to addressed money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
c. “Guidelines for the submission of Suspicious Transactions Reports” issued by Head Legal & Compliance/ Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
Health and Safety
1. Ensure that the health and safety message is well understood by you
2. Comply with legislations and mandatory codes of practices and standards, applicable in Ghana
3. Ensure that Group Policy on Health and Safety is being adhered to by you.
4. Take reasonable care for the health & safety of co-workers.
5. Cooperate with management to support and promote Health and Safety in the workplace;
6. Your actions do not put others at risk;
7. Work in a healthy and safe manner;
8. Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
9. Report all accidents, and incidents
10. Bring to the attention of management any hazard in the workplace.
1. Receive Cash and Cheque Deposits
2. Encash cheques and other related instruments
3. Process foreign exchange transactions where applicable
4. Selling of Bank cheques, drafts and TT’S where applicable
5. On-line posting of customer transactions
6. Verification of customers signature
7. Provide sales referrals to CSM, PFC, RM’s
8. Service standard
Qualifications and Skills