Posted on :
24 Jun, 2016
Plan International Ghana, an international Child-Centered Community Development organization, is looking for dynamic and results-oriented persons to fill the position outlined below
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
• With partial funding from Educate A Child (EAC), Plan International Ghana and partners are implementing the Reaching and teaching Out-of-School Children (REACH) Project. For this project, Plan International Ghana is seeking suitably qualified candidates for the positions mentioned below. The 5-year project is designed to reach 90,000 Out-of-School children (OOSC) aged 8 to 14 from selected districts and communities in the Upper West, Northern and Volta regions through the complementary Basic Education (CBE) mobel. At least 50% of total beneficiaries will be girls and a minimum of 70% of the CBE graduates are expected to transit to and complete primary education.
The three-pronged project strategy includes:
• Accelerated Learning through the CBE model
• Supporting the transition of CBE graduates to primary schools
• Advocacy for increased government support for the education of OOSC as well as improved quality of primary education.
• This position is to coordinate and support the successful implementation of complimentary Basic Education (REACH) project, establishment of Complementary Basic Education classes, enrollment of out-of-school children, running and monitoring of CBE classes and ultimately the assessment, graduation and integration of out-of-school learners to formal basic schools within the district, also contribute to Plan becoming a recognized voice for child rights and children’s issues, particularly on children’s rights to quality basic education.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures community level animation on the objectives of complementary Basic Education for Out-of-School Children (OOSC).
• Supports the identification of communities to establish at least one CBE class in the community
• Ensures mobilization, sensitization and orientation/training of school/local management committees
• Maintains gender sensitively and ensures the achievement of gender ratio in every CBE class
• Fulfills Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses, thus ensuring the adherence of child protection in every CBE learning class
• Provides timely reports to Plan International Ghana Country Management on any anomalies regarding the REACH project implementation in order to ensure that they are rectified
• Coordinates and supervises project activities in the Northern and Upper West Regions
• Contributes to the collection and documentation of best practices and lessons learnt from program implementation and shares findings with Partners, Plan staff and NO team during steering committee meetings and CBE yearly implementation work planning sessions
• Supports the development of database for monitoring learner enrollment, retention and mainstreaming
• Provides technical support to GES and Field Supervisors to ensure delivery of quality and timely reports (both narrative and financial)
• Analyzes issues for decision making to strengthen and support delivery of the REACH project that meets organizational requirement and refers to higher manager for approval
Summary of Other Responsibilities
• Staff support and Team Management
• Contributes to making Grant reports for the donor
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Networking and Advocacy
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Education, especially CBE or a related field
• In depth knowledge of study in the social science
• Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position within NGO’s or government institutions/programmes at the local level
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications,e.g word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet, good knowledge of data management software (SPSS, Word, Excel) Good report writing skills
• Ability to drive motor bike is an added advantage
Location: Ho-Volta Region
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email address provided below.
• Detailed curriculum vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities, together with a cover letter.
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable)
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three(3) referees (work-related)
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
Email: [email protected]
Or Delivered Directly to:-
Plan International Ghana
Country Office, No. 10 Yiyiwa Street,
Closing Date: 30 June, 2016