If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Protocols)
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Officer, undertake the functions of Administrative Assistant (Protocols) to provide timely and efficient Protocol services for the Ghana country office including Tamale Field Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Arranging of Visas/ID cards /Driving licenses/Permits.
- Advises staff on general administrative matters relating to visas and ensures that application forms are completed correctly with accompanying material. Briefs staff/visitors/consultants on all up to date policies and procedures regarding local immigration policies .
- Arranges for all international staff, diplomatic ID Cards, driving licenses, stay permits, and obtain necessary MOFA forms for completion as required.
Registers Official /Private vehicles
- Registers official vehicles and assists with the registration of vehicles for internationally recruited staff and dependents.
- Ensures that all official vehicles are roadworthy and have insurance coverage annually.
Reviews VAT Receipts for staff
- Reviews VAT receipts for both official and international staff personal transactions and ensures refunds are processed on timely basis.
Arranges VVIP/VIP for Visitors.
- liaise with the legal and Protocol sections of MOFA.to ensure VVIP and VIP facilities for arrivals / Departures are made available for all high-ranking officials visiting the country.
Arranges for In-Coming Postage
- Arranges for the collection of in-coming postage as well as out-going mail for the office.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of Secondary School Education
- A diploma or university degree in business courses or other relevant disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years of experience in general office and administrative support or secretarial duties.
- Ability to organise meetings and events
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive records, and maintain electronic filing systems
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Following Instructions and Procedures [ I]
- Planning and Organizing [ I]
- Analyzing [ I]