Posted on :
21 Jul, 2011
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
The Insight team is a part of Oracle’s Global Industry Business Unit (IBU) organization. The IBU is a team focused on driving Oracle’s vertical go-to-market strategy. Given the strategic nature of the work, the IBU team reports directly to the President. The high profile Insight team of 145 consultants supports top customers and deals across the globe.
If the following activities are of interest to you:
_ Working with top executives to drive technology enabled transformation
_ Leading cross-functional teams in strategic consulting engagements
_ Connecting business with IT strategies with real impact and measurable results
_ Motivated by Oracle´s promising strategy and the excitement of competition
_ Managing your own schedule and working with industry leaders
A position with Oracle’s Insight Team may be right for you!
Oracle’s Insight team has management visibility with executive management, and as a
result you will have several career paths open to you:
• A leading role in the Global Industry Business Unit (IBU)
• Sales management in one of Oracle’s regional sales divisions
• Corporate management in product development, sales and marketing functions
Oracle provides a unique opportunity to prepare you as a leader in the IT industry:
• Oracle is determined to significantly extend its value based selling approach in the future to attack new market segments, increase deal size and deal profitability
• Oracle is leading the industry with its Insight approach which has proved highly successful over the past decade
• Oracle –even today – has too few sales managers with a strong strategic consulting background and the ability to sell in a value based consultative way
• The entire IT industry is shifting strongly towards this new selling approach, making you a highly valued resource for recruiters across the industry
The individual will be a member of the Oracle Insight program, driving delivery of value to
Oracle customers focused on IT / technology issues. Key job elements:
• Personally participate and lead cross-discipline, multi-LOB engagement teams with senior experts from sales, pre-sales, consulting, and solution architecture to help shape and drive large technology opportunities.
• Participate in customer engagements with the top customers and deliver high impact (impact =
• closed revenue and customer satisfaction).
• Provides direct deal support by leveraging knowledge of IT specific issues and solutions,management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key CIO strategic drivers,assessing process capabilities and developing business case for IT process enhancement.
• Integrates knowledge of IT best practices, customer operational objectives and strategic IT objectives to define a clear IT strategy, solution architecture and roadmap with actionable value
communication and enables a successful customer experience.
• Contributes to team thought leadership by constantly synthesizing the customer experiences into
content and methodologies that can be leveraged.
• Drive the development of technology value selling tools, programs and initiatives to be leveraged by the sales, marketing and consulting organizations.
• Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills, and strong management consulting skills to
influence thinking or gain acceptance of multiple customer constituencies.
• Support value-selling training activities and the value-selling community to expand skills to non-Insight team resources.
• The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience with a premier IT or management consulting firm. 4-6 years of experience with industry leading companies in a functional or IT management role will be a strong advantage.
• The ideal candidate will have proven and documented IT knowledge and a master degree in IT or business IT from a top-rated university, or business qualifications (e.g. MBA)
• Further, he/she will have complete fluency in English, and 2nd official language for their based country in MEA.
• Proven aptitude to work in, and lead, a virtual team environment and ability to build consensus
• Exceptional problem solving combined with strong interpersonal skills
• Financial modeling, benchmarking and quantitative skills and experience developing and defending large-scale capital appropriation requests
• Outstanding oral and written presentation communication skills
• Knowledge of business related IT issues and solutions including applications, analytics, governance and systems and business process integration
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and participate on projects with varied focus and business
• Experience of Data Centre Architecture and /or IT Infrastructure Strategy will be a plus
Work & Compensation:
The work hours are flexible. Some travel may be required and can be self-managed, providing a high degree of work-life balance. Compensation will be attractive and highly competitive.
MEA, flexible locations : South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Gulf Countries.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Clisck on this link: http://jobs.oracle.com/jol_ext-jolap-dad/plsql/jol_www_pages_pkg.jol_intro
Select Ghana and Apply online