Our client is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company. Their focus is on finding and monetizing oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Commercial Manager, based in Ghana.
Job Title: Commercial Manager
- All short and long term economic evaluations to ensure strategic growth of the business in Ghana consistent with approved work programs and budgets.
- Lead gas commercialization strategy for Ghana, including in depth analysis of regional gas and power markets.
- Draft and negotiate gas sales agreements and all associated agreement such as tie-in agreements and gas management agreements.
- Lead Jubilee Unit commercial and West Cape Three Points block negotiations and associated work.
- Lead Deep water Tano block commercial and Inter-field negotiations (including TEN project) and associated work.
- Lead third party facility use negotiations (as appropriate).
- Deliver all commercial responsibilities required of Operator under Gas Sales Agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Responsible for mentoring, developing and managing a team of economists (business analysts) and commercial advisers.
- Work closely with the Business Services and Development and Operations Directors in developing and delivering long term strategy for the Ghana Business Unit.
- Deliver Ghana Commercial Risk Management and Assurance Plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that all economic analyses of the project are accurate and appropriately reflect the project assumptions and risks.
- Deliver key aspects of annual Group planning cycle deliverables and serve on business unit planning leadership team.
- Undertake robust decision analysis on a comprehensive set of economic scenarios or project realization and transforming the results into a clear set of recommendations, with identified trade-offs.
- Maintain contact with other Upstream Operators in Ghana, as well as key stakeholders in the government and private sector, particularly in relation to gas demand and power generation.
- Lead joint venture commercial work, maintaining strong relationships with non-operator companies.
- Actively seeks value creation opportunities from both current portfolio and potential future opportunities in Ghana.
Skills and Experience
- Technical, commercial/legal, finance/business Degree.
- Extensive experience in the upstream oil/gas sector with demonstrable economics, negotiations, commercial and overall business expertise.
- Experience with gas commercialization, ideally in emerging market.
- Must have a detailed understanding of and experience in conducting economic analysis.
- Experience with risk management assessments.
- Experience screening and evaluating commercial opportunities based on limited inputs and analogues and delivering acquisition and divestment economic support across a variety of deal structures.
- Track record of creating value by entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to close high value transactions.
- Expertise with upstream oil and gas contracts.
- Good understanding of, and experience across, the E&P lifecycle, especially appraisal to production.
- In depth knowledge of upstream economic value drivers and analysis.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Strategic thinking.