Posted on :
16 Sep, 2016
16 Sep, 2016
OrphanAid Africa is a non-profit, non-governmental organization. Its aim is to support orphans and vulnerable children in Ghana through programs in Care Reform, family support, education and development.
Its goal is to ensure that children grow up in safe and permanent family settings with appropriate care and protection.
OrphanAid Africa is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Chief Development Officer to lead in the development and implementation of its fundraising activities.
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
• The ideal candidate for this role should have fundraising experience from the voluntary and statutory sectors and would have a track record of success.
• Exceptional communication and relationship building skills will be required as well as a proactive approach to generating new campaigns and income for the Organisation.
• The role holder will be responsible for managing ongoing relationships with the existing portfolio of funders, whilst also growing all Income streams.
• The overall income target is estimated to be £600,000 – £800,000 for 2017.
• This post will be the lead contact for all major funders and trusts, will work alongside staff and volunteers to develop funding bids, but will also lead on other income streams, primarily marketing, high net worth individual and corporate.
• The successful candidate will oversee the co-ordination of fundraising activity across the organization including oversees French and Spain. Foreign travel will be expected.
• The successful candidates will organize events and campaigns to raise money and other donations for the organization.
• The successful candidate’s shall design promotional materials and increase awareness of the organization’s work, goals, and financial needs.
Qualification Required & Experience
Qualifications in the following subjects may be particularly helpful:
• business studies
• public relations
• certificate in fundraising
Key skills for the role
• Sales and negotiation abilities
• Communication skills
• IT skills
• Good organization
• Administrative skills
• Creative thinking
• Effective problem solving
How To Apply For The Job
Interested qualified applicants should kindly send in their application letter and CV to email address:
Remember only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
Closing Date: 15 October, 2016