Posted on :
30 Aug, 2016
30 Aug, 2016
Participatory Development Associates (PDA) is an organisation of skilled people who aim to support processes of empowerment and self-determination in communities, organisations and individuals.It is a private limited liability company (registration no. C-95,118) founded in 2001. PDA is based in Ghana, with its main office in Accra and a sub-office in Kumasi.
PDA works with government, non-government and private organisations, as well as multilateral and bilateral organisations in areas such as decentralisation, policy analysis and advocacy, poverty and social assessments, reproductive health, including HIV/AIDS, gender and development, issues of governance in education, health and forestry, organisation development with NGOs and other civil society organisations, and monitoring and evaluation.
Our basic approach is to work with communities, organisations and individuals to reflect, to learn and to act, thus bringing about a transformation in their present situation.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
• The role of Business Development Manager is vital to the success of PDA as a limited liability company in human development.
• The Business Development Manager (BDM) will report to and support the Managing Director of Participatory Development Associates (PDA) to develop, manage and pursue new business opportunities that will result in increased revenue and impact and otherwise ensure the financial soundness of the company.
Oversight of PDA’s Business Portfolio and Planning
• Keep an overview of the balance of projects and initiatives in the PDA portfolio,
• Assist the MD in developing and constantly reviewing PDA’s business development strategy in coordination with the SMT and the Board of Directors.
• Assist the MD to set and then meet revenue targets for PDA and its subsidiaries.
Explore and develop new business areas in line with PDA’s mission
• With the MD, liaise with donors and partner organizations to identify and monitor new business opportunities in Ghana and West Africa.
• Provide coordination, management and development of business planning activities across PDA’s units and new initiatives such as the Institute for Development Practitioners and Management (IDPM), and PDA Agri-industry and Social Enterprises (PASE).
Location: Accra and Kumasi
How To Apply For The Job
Submit the necessary documents as requested to:
Closing Date: 16 September, 2016