PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Job Title: Midwives
- PATH is seeking to recruit three Midwife Interns to assist the Making Every Baby Count Initiative (MEBCI) in Ashanti Region.
- The Initiative is supporting the Ghana Health Service at national and regional levels to articulate and implement their vision and actions to improve newborn health in Ghana.
- The midwife Interns will work closely with Regional Monitoring Officer and counterparts at the Regional Health Administration (RHA) in Ashanti to coordinate trainings and implementation of activities in the region.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Newborn Technical Advisor to monitor clinical field activities such as training sessions and follow up visits.
- Support the RMO and M&E manager to collect, analyze and provide feedback on the initiative indicators and relevant data.
- Work with the GHS Regional Newborn Focal Person and Regional Health Management Team, providing support on initiative implementation.
- Support Regional Newborn Focal Person and Newborn Technical Advisor to Identify technical assistance needs and coordinate with the initiative management to provide timely assistance.
- Support the RMO to engage GHS Health Information Officers and the Regional Health Management Team in Ashanti to implement project monitoring requirements with quarterly milestones and resource requirements.
- Support the RMO and M&E Team to coordinate, monitor, and report on regional implementation of MEBCI in relation to the detailed annual work plan.
- Support the management of the regional implementation of project activities and maintain links with PATHs Regional Monitoring Officer, Newborn Technical Advisor, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Technical Advisor and GHS regional officials.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Diploma/ degree in clinical midwifery is required as well a successful completion of the professional license examination organized by the Nurses and Midwives Council (NMC).
- The candidates is required to have at least completed their one (1) year post training national service/ clinical rotation and must be residents of Kumasi.
- You must currently have legal authorization to work in Ghana.
- Experience in project co-ordination is an advantage.
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50 percent is required.
- Clinical exposure to maternal/child health with experience in newborn health.
- Ability to work effectively with senior staff, colleagues and others at all levels.
- Computer literacy including knowledge proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and a relevant local language.
How to Apply
To apply for this position visit our website: www.path.org/jobs NB: Candidates must follow the link to our website in order to apply.Applications that do not go through our HR system will not be accepted. PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.