A renowned and leading financial institution with an International presence and also in all the cities and most towns in the Country. With over 160 branches spread across the Districts in the Country, our Client offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to highly skilled and talented individuals and requires high caliber banking professionals to fill
the following Senior Management position:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the management of the operations function of the Bank incorporating fun service to Corporate and Consumer Banking Operations as well as e-banking operations, cash services, project management office (PMO) among others to ensure timely delivery of service to customers and other stakeholders.
- Formulate and Recommend operations Policies, Procedures and Strategies to ensure effective service delivery and attainment of business goals.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic business plan and budget, and monitor performance reviews in terms of service delivery.
- Manage all Operational risks for Business continuity.
- Develop and Review procedural manuals for business processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage Resource allocation including Staff to meet business requirements.
- Develop and implement new business processes to improve service delivery.
- Manage Service providers/strategic alliances as agreed by the Bank.
- Manage and Submit periodic business intelligence reports for management decision making.
- Ensuring that the Bank’s financial viability and cost structure relating to the Operations Function are regularly analyzed and appropriate measures are undertaken to monitor and reduce costs in relation to the Banks operations and services provided.
- Establish and Maintain contingency plans for operations.
- Ensure Board Decisions on the Executive and Senior Management team with respect to the operations function are promptly implemented.
Between 45 – 55 years
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of first degree in the Social Sciences plus a post graduate qualification in Banking, Business Management or its equivalent.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience with at least five (5) years in a senior management role preferably in the financial sector local or International is desirable.
Core and Technical Competencies Required
- In-depth understanding of the financial services environment and how it operates and the role of the Chief Operating officer within it.
- A good understanding of the banking industry and a clear view of the long-term direction of the Bank (via collaborative working with other business units).
- In-depth knowledge and experience with large, complex, multi-stakeholder, matrix organizations with remote reporting relationships.
- Proven experience in two or three major areas of banking and demonstrable knowledge in banking operations and procedures, financial services market, products and services.
- Excellent knowledge in operational risk management is critical.
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology and MIS from a functional and process perspectives.
- Additionally, adequate knowledge in banking software and complex IT information systems
- Good knowledge of Strategic Planning and Management skills is desirable.
- Excellent team player, capable of building effective relationships across functional units, collaborative style, creative and innovative with an engaging personality.
- Excellent leadership, particularly demonstrating outstanding ability to motivate teams to achieve business results, decisive, and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiation, Strategic Planning and Management, project management, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applicants may send their curriculum vitae and a short application referring to the role to the following address:
Senior Management Advert,
Box 393, Kanda,
or email:[email protected]
NB. please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.