Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana.
Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Job Title: Senior Support Services Officer
Purpose of Role:
• The purpose of this role is to assist the Support Services Superintendent to manage the day-to-day administrative services and operations for the core business function in the provision of facilities management, transport. travel and catering.
• Proactively direct and coordinate essential tasks such as facilities management, vehicle maintenance, bussing, cleaning, catering and waste disposal.
• Check and ensure that work performed by contractors are completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
• Collate, calculate and compare costs/charges for goods and services procured to achieve cost efficiency.
• Forecast and plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
• Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
• Investigate availability and suitability of options for new premises and manage assets including leases and rental agreements.
• Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors
• Respond promptly to emergencies or urgent issues raised by employees and contractors and implement cost effective long lasting solutions.
• Manage the relationship between PMGL and support services contractors’ to ensure smooth running of operations.
• Achieve 98% customer satisfaction level through efficient and effective service delivery
• Undertake regular review of support services systems, policies and procedures to ensure conformity with best practices:
Remuneration for the Role: Competitive and Attractive
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Business Administration/Facility Management/Land Economy/Real Estate from a recognised University
• Six (6) years’ experience in contract and facilities management in either hospitality or mining industry
• Project Management or Six Sigma Certificate is desirable.
• General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety would be an added advantage
• Ability to draft tender documents with scopes of work
• Procurement and negotiation skills is essential
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving licence
• A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people
Location: Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Application will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with Senior Support Services Officer in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 25 November, 2016
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer