Posted on :
21 Jul, 2016
21 Jul, 2016
A pharmaceutical drug (also referred to as a pharmaceutical, pharmaceutical preparation, pharmaceutical product, medicinal product, medicine, medication, medicaments, or simply a drug) is a drug used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent disease. Drug therapy (pharmacotherapy) is an important part of the medical field and relies on the science of pharmacology for continual advancement and on pharmacy for appropriate management.
Drugs are classified in various ways. One of the key divisions is by level of control, which distinguishes prescription drugs (those that a pharmacist dispenses only on the order of a physician, physician assistant, or qualified nurse) from over-the-counter drugs (those that consumers can order for themselves). Another key distinction is between traditional small-molecule drugs, usually derived from chemical synthesis, and biopharmaceuticals, which include recombinant proteins, vaccines, blood products used therapeutically (such as IVIG), gene therapy, monoclonal antibodies and cell therapy (for instance, stem-cell therapies). Other ways to classify medicines are by mode of action, route of administration, biological system affected, or therapeutic effects. An elaborate and widely used classification system is the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System (ATC system). The World Health Organization keeps a list of essential medicines.
A reputable pharmaceutical company invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the following vacant position:
Job Title: Product Pharmacist
• Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Job Holder will be required to assess Production Requirements, and Evaluate Plant Capacity.
• He/She will also be required to Plan and Monitor operational schedules / programmes to ensure that Production Processes are carried out in strict compliance to cGMP Standards.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B. Pharm (Hons.)
• Knowledge in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing processes
• Professional license should not be committed
• A minimum of at least 1 year experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
Location: Eastern Region
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their application letters with detailed curriculum vitae to:
Or mail to:
The Managing Director
P.O.Box KF 63
Closing Date: 31 August, 2016