Posted on :
10 Dec, 2013
10 Dec, 2013
Danadams Pharmaceuticals Industry Limited is seeking an Entrepreneurial Pharmacist to Join our Growing Company. We’re a rapidly growing healthcare company and we are presently seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, self-motivated pharmacist to join a dynamic team in our pharmacy.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your primary role will be to help fulfill orders and provide exceptional service and advice to every customer.
Key Responsibilities will be:
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy
• Dispensing medications in an accurate and timely manner
• Working with Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants to deliver excellent customer service
• Delivering health promotion programs as required
• Ensuring that all pharmacy operations are conducted in accordance with pharmacy policies and procedures, legal requirements and Quality Care Pharmacy Standards
• Ensures proper storage of all medications including refrigerated items
• Supervises inventory control of pharmacy stock to an acceptable turnover in order to minimize the amount of expired drugs including daily requirements from the wholesale department
• Provides drug information, including adverse drug reactions and contraindications to patients (clients)
• Supervises monthly physical inventory process.
• Schedules adequate staff and coordinates the activities of physical inventory for the pharmacy department monthly.
• Must be proactive in addressing issues or services requiring intradepartmental coordination..
• Refer patients to the clinic, laboratory or other health professionals and agencies when appropriate.
• Actively seeks ways to improve existing services and new services as they agree with the mission of Danpong Group.
• Ensures that all clients or patients are given verbal (counseling) on all new prescriptions and clients (patients) are provided counseling or medical information according to professional judgment
• Pharmacist will advise clients (patients) and answer questions about prescription drugs
• Answer questions about possible side effects and interactions among different drugs; provide information and make recommendations about over-the-counter drugs;
• Pharmacists will supervise personnel, as well as have other general managerial duties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Bachelor of Pharmacy holder from a recognized University
• Current registration as a pharmacist with the Ghana Pharmacy Council
• Experience in community pharmacy, possesses administrative and management skills.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Current registration as a pharmacist in Ghana
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Professional Demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communications
• Courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
• Knowledge brand and generic names of medication
• Monthly Sales Management Report
• Monthly Inventory Report
• Weekly Procurement List
• Report on any controlled substance dispensed monthly
How To Apply For The Job
CVs should be forwarded to be forwarded to:-
Closing Date: 23 December, 2013