Plan Ghana, an international child centred community development Organisation is looking for a dynamic and results oriented person to fill the position of LAND FUND-RAISING SPECIALIST. The position is located at the Ghana country Office, Accra and reports to the Business Development Manager.
- Works with the grants team in identifying grants opportunities from donors and contribute significantly to the fundraising efforts of Plan Ghana
- Facilitates ethical checks on local partners and ensures the smooth coordination of all concept notes/proposal development efforts at the national, regional Program Unit and community levels.
Typical Responsibilities Key End Results of Position:
Grants Reporting: Supports Grants reporting to ensure they meet donor requirements and produce no negative/adverse feedback.
To do this, the role will:
- Develops, updates and maintains a schedule for grants reporting, detailing the donor reporting requirements, type of reports and deadlines,
- Facilitates timely follow ups on donor deadlines
Grants Acquisition and Management
- Ensures readily available data per Country Strategic Program (CSP) Country Program (CP) objectives for easy reference for proposal and concept note development.
- Develops a schedule for local resource mobilization within Plan Ghana.
- Calls for proposals and concept notes from PUs. Maintains a database of all proposals received for easy reference by grouping the proposals received by CP Objectives and by PUs
- Maintains a photo bank on grant funded projects per PU
- Maintains a database of all proposals received for easy reference by grouping the proposals received by CP objectives and by PUs
- Monitors Grants implementation in the field.
Donor Relationship Management:
- Facilitates timely follow ups on donor deadlines and ensures that all donor queries are adequately addressed
- Reviews reports due donors and ensures that reports meet donor reporting requirements as per Grants Agreement Documents(GAD)and other documented agreements and recommend actions to Business Development Manager.
- Supports the preparation and review of grants proposal budgets
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Criteria for success:
- High quality and timely delivery of project activities in communities
- Satisfactory partner organization activities
Dealing with Problems:
- Collates and provides technical support for the implementation of resource mobilization activities
- Puts in place systems to monitor and provides technical soundness to all grants projects
- Works with minimum supervision
- Analyses issues for decision making to strengthen and support delivery of grants activities that meet organizational requirements and refers to supervisor for approval.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Medium contact with Plan partners for the grants acquisition and management
- Has high contact with all Country Office and Programme Unit Staff to support locally raised funds for grants implementation
- Maintains medium contact with partners, Multilateral Companies and organisations operating in Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters Degree in Marketing,Public Relations, Development Studies/Social Sciences or related area
- Have at least three (3) years working experience in a related field
- Has good understanding of contemporary resource Mobilization and management ‘
- Experience in Gender,Advocacy and community development related issues.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Internet software and Power Point)
- Understanding of International Donor requirements
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role.
- Continuous commitment to high performance and improvement
- Ability to work in a team
- Committed to the protection of the rights of the child
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Knowledge in development issues affecting children
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice
- Crisis management skills
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Good Business Development and Marketing skills
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Excellent Communication and IT skills
- Tactical planning skills
- Facilitation, presentation, training and communication skills
- Project management skills
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
This position entails 40% travelling within program areas,as well as to corporate and other organizations.
Level of Contact with Children:
Mid contact: the job responsibilities of this position require occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Interested applicants should submit their applications with a comprehensive CV and a copy of the certificate of their highest academic qualification to the address below. Female candidates are encouraged to apply:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Private Mail Bag
Osu Main Post office