Posted on :
12 Oct, 2016
12 Oct, 2016
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children.
The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Job Title: Finance Manager
• To implement plan International Ghana’s financial action plan and solidify the financial processes and systems in the country office and program units to enable it deliver on its program strategy and accountabilities to children, communities and donors.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilties
Budgeting and planning based on excellent and timely fiancial data
• Communicates instructions and milestones for business planning, including long-term planning, budgeting, quarterly forecasting and cash flow forecasting
• Supports the Country Director (CD) to communicate business plans to the Regional Office (RO)
• Organises and controls the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasting processes including communicating instructions, meeting deadlines
• Consolidates and reviews country operational budget
• Ensures fiancial due diligence of partners is completed as part of partner assessment processes
• Ensures financial reporting and cash management is accurate and compliant with established policies and procedures by updating the financial authorization matrix and obtaining the approval of the country director at least annually and more frequently, if required
Grants financial reporting and record keeping are thorough, well maintained and accurate
• Establishes complete grants budgets which includes cost recovery of staff costs and support services
• Review of financial reporting prepared for submission to donors to ensure it is accurate and on time
• Maintains a systematic and consistent risk management approach to allow for effective identification, recording and management of threats and opportunities internally and with key partner organisations
• Ensures finance related audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in finance and other forms of audit reports
• Ensures effective oversight and development of an excellent and high performing finance team within the country.
Communications and Working Relationships
• Provides financial services and business advice to country director, CMT and the project management team
• Manages the performance of Finance and Projects Accountants of the project
• Member of the Regional Finance Team network
• Responsible for project level liaison with the external auditors
• Works closely with Plan International National offices and Plan International Ghana Country office staff on internal and external financial reviews and audits
• Works closely with bank officials and other financial institutions
• Works closely with program unit Managers on budget and expenditures monitoring
Finance Manager’s role in the country management team:
• Participates in CMT decision-making, support the CMT to manage relationships and processes relating to partners. Takes responsibility as part of the CMT for risk management processes in-country.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required to achieve role’s objectives
• Professional Financial / Accounting qualification (ACCA/CA Ghana or equivalent)
• Minimum of 3 years in similar position
• Knowledge of the sector and the financial management issues specific to it would be an added
• Knowledge of international financial reporting standards, control standards and the reporting requirement of major international grant donors.
• Proven effective management skills leading teams across several sites and operating in a multi-cultural and matrix management structure
• Excellent proven financial analytical skills
• Good written and spoken English
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite,
• Knowledge of SAP software would an added advantage
Physical Environment and Demands
• Typical office environment, however it requires travel to program unit operations, which may account for up to 25% of work time
• Program unit visits may be to locations which are remote, provide rudimentary facilities or be physically challenging in other ways
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants must attach following documents to their applications and submit to the email address provided below.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and attest posts (with dates) as well as summary of job responsibilities; also provide Names, e-rnail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related) in the CV;
• Cover letter (stating the position applied for);
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses:-
• Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Plan International Is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this.
• Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.
Closing Date: 26 October, 2016