Posted on :
22 Aug, 2016
22 Aug, 2016
Plan International Ghana is an International Child Centered Community Development organization that seeks to help excluded/marginalized children realize their full potential. In order to strengthen its Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Unit, Plan International Ghana is looking for a dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the under mentioned position
Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the position holder is responsible for developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive quality assurance programme which supports improvement of the risk management of Plan International Ghana.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates and monitors the quality assurance function and programmes
• Participates in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the processes required in the Quality Assurance work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
• Strengthens the risk managemenr processes in line with the Global and Regional strategy through facilitation of the country risk management plan of actions and monitoring of the Risk register.
• Follows up on Action-plans agreed between management and external auditors for full compliance and reports progress to country director.
• Reviews the current internal control systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the organisatin’s objectives and reports on areas of improvement
• Performs special confidential tasks assigned by the country director
• Ensures quality standards are met through review of processes at risk in the annual review plan
• Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews, ensuring effective follow up.
Critical Skills Required For The Position
Planning and Monitoring Skills:
• Ability to plan, monitor and perform quality review of assurance engagements on key systems, processes, policies and controls at the Country level
• Ability to influences change within and across the organization to strengthen risk management, accountability and effectiveness, also supports management in improving operations in order to provide a platform for learning across Plan International Ghana.
• Ability to builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the conduct of quality assurance engagements and exchange of knowledge on assurance best practices
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or its equivalent, with Part II professional qualification
• Extensive practical experience of at least 5 years in risk-based auditing
• Knowledge of programme and project implementation is an added advantage
• At least 3 years experience in similar position with a recognised institution preferably an international NGO
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email address provided below.
• Detailed curriculum vitae, stating current and latest posts (With Dates) as well as summary of job responsibilities, together with a cover letter
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as National Service certificate (if applicable)
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of 3 referees (work-related)
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Email: [email protected]
OR Delivered Directly to:
Plan International Ghana
No. 10 Yiyiwa Street, Abelemkpe
Closing Date: 31 August, 2016
Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.