Posted on :
15 Dec, 2016
15 Dec, 2016
The Socfin Group works every day to become a leading company of the responsible Tropical Agriculture. It is aware of the development challenges of the countries where it operates and does this policy contribute.
In it, the Socfin Group presents the principles of its policy: better management practices, head of operations development, respect for human rights and transparency; and the strategy to implement.
Before the end of the first quarter 2017, the Group Socfin also publish the Action Plan provided for in the policy.
Socfin The Group believes that its activities must create value for all, that this value must be shared with everyone, while ensuring the economic viability of the Group and its operations.
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Oil Palm Development
• To manage the Field Operational Activities of the Oil Palm Section of the Plantations Department, plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the section to leverage for productivity, growth and expansion of the entire Plantations Department and the Company as a whole.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job holder reports to the Plantations Development Manager of the Company and takes instructions and directives from him in all aspects of work. The duties and responsibilities will among other things include the following:
• Land preparation
• Roads opening and maintenance
• Lining and holing for seedlings planting
• Planting of seedlings
• Fertilization of planted materials
• Application of pesticides
• Arrangement and Supervision of weeding schedules
• Harvesting of fruits
• Evacuation of fruits to mill.
• Would be required to prepare divisional annual budgets for the review and approval of the Department Head.
Shall submit such Daily, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports on the operations under the Assist Manager’s responsibility as would be directed by his or her Department Head and Management.
• To perform any other duties assigned by the Plantations Development Manager and the Managing Director as and when the situation demands.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in any related field with a minimum of seven(7) years post national service working experience in similar roles.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
• People management skills
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Multi task skills
• Team player.
• Knowledge in client/customer service or management.
• Familiar with the operations and management of Agro-based industries.
• Knowledge in Contract Management.
• Knowledge in farm/planting/harvesting management
• Results oriented.
Location: Daboase Near Takoradi
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letters and CVs through the e-mail address below: [email protected]
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Admin. & HR Manager
Plantations SOCFINAF Ghana Ltd.
P.O Box TD 1429
NB: Only shortlised candidates would be contacted.
Closing Date: 13 January, 2017