The Finance Manager shall be responsible for the day to day running of the company´s administration and finance functions. The successful candidate must ensure that all due diligence for good operating procedures are adhered to.
The role reports to the Project Manager/ C.E.O.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Represent the company in all dealings with local and central authorities, regulatory bodies and the media
- Establish and maintain the financial systems, procedures and cash management.
- Ensure appropriate and satisfactory systems of control in all departments.
- Ensure that cost control and budgetary control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Coordinate with project teams, clients/contractors and agents to ensure that appropriate contracts are available and resolve contractual issues with a view of ensuring that jobs/assignments are delivered on time.
- Act as the overall HR manager overseeing employee benefits, policies and regulations.
- Be responsible for discussions/negotiations with representatives of unions or junior and senior staff associations, if applicable.
- Monitor and review payroll for payment of staff salaries, PAYE and social security fund.
- Ensure that the company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
- In consultation with the CEO, perform duties on his behalf when not at post.
- Collect and collate operational data for further analysis and advise management for action.
- Support the PM/CEO in the implementation of management decisions and other operational matters.
- Implement and manage the health and safety policy of the company.
- Prepare yearly accounts in conformity with the company’s code and liaise with the external auditors on matters relating to the audit of the accounts.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Ensure the maintenance of records on stocks and undertake stock taking.
- Perform and undertake work outside of the office (bush, field, Accra etc.) when needed and according to company regulations.
Required Skills or Experience
Roles specific qualification;
- 5-7 years minimum experience in a similar position with 3 years in managerial role
- Degree from a recognized institution in Finance/Accounting
- ACCA, ICAG, CA
- Good oral and written communication
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Knowledge of any accounting software is a plus
- Good presentation skills
- Good people management skills
Person specific qualification;
- High Integrity
- Strategic Thinker
- Broad business acumen
- Analytical skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Team Player
- Commitment and engagement
- Performance driven & goal oriented
- Excellent negotiating skills
Please send all cvs to [email protected]
kindly let the subject of the mail read the position you are applying for