Posted on :
19 Sep, 2016
19 Sep, 2016
A Purchasing Manager is an employee within a company, business or other organization who is responsible at some level for buying or approving the acquisition of goods and services needed by the company.
Job Title: Purchasing Manager – Indirect Spend
• Translates the global into a local purchase strategy. Develops an operational plan that meets the global purchasing objectives. Monitors and does periodic follow-up to make sure objectives are met.
• Consolidates the purchasing needs for the plant in scope and being the central point of contact for the local management (plant managers, engineering, finance)
• Analyses the purchasing needs on a macro level, defines sourcing strategies and tactics to make the local organisation more competitive and meet business goals
• Monitors and reports results and KPI’s periodically to management. Takes actions where necessary to improve KPI’s
• Is end-responsible to negotiate with local suppliers to ensure optimum price/quality/service levels. This includes supplier selection, defining total cost of ownership, market analysis, cost benchmarking & complaint handling
• Supports strategic sourcing initiatives to deliver long range programmes for MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operating Supplies) and related capital services.
• Is fully responsible for ensuring correct implementation of the documented P2P process into our ERP systems ensuring data quality to enable correct reporting.
• Plans and evaluates the performance of assigned staff, establish performance measures and personal development goals, monitor performance, provide coaching to staff for improvement and development
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate must have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field plus 5 years experience
• Or Master’s in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management plus 3 years of professional practice in related field
• Engineering / technical background is desirable
• High level of proficiency in Ms Word, PowerPoint and Excel etc
• Experience in use of purchasing software e.g SAP, Maximo etc
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Commercial awareness
• The ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
• A flair for negotiation and networking
• The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
• A confident and mature approach
• Tact and diplomacy
How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above criteria, please submit an application letter and CV to:
Closing Date: 30 September, 2016