Posted on :
29 Jul, 2016
29 Jul, 2016
Private Sector Malaria Prevention (PSMP) Project is a UK Department for international Development (DFID) funded public health project managed by the Johns Hopkins Bloombery School of Public Health Center For communication programmes (JHU-CCP).
The PSMP projct aims to use innovative approaches to develop a private sector market for long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) in Ghana. The project includes the use of customer subsidies for LLIN as well as a marketing communication component to stimulate demand for LLIN. The primary goal of PSMP is to establish long-term capacity for Ghanaian households to affordable access LLIN. The primary goal of PSMP is to establish long-term capacity for Ghanaian households to affordable access LLIN to prevent malaria in their families and communities. The project duration is 3 years.
The project has a range of vacancies and is inviting interested and qualified Ghanaians and residents of Ghana to apply.
Job Title: Business Technical Advisor
The Business Technical Advisor is responsible for managing activities related to net supply chain and field implementation of the PSMP project. In collaboration with the project team, headed by the Project Director, the Business Technical Advisor will play a crucial role in ensuring that all LLIN supply chain operations are effectively implemented. The Business Technical Advisor will report to the Project Director.
• On-the-ground implementation of retail supply chain facilitation and support the recruitment of net manufacturers and their distributors
• Recruitment of LLIN suppliers and collaborate with the Project Director to manage supplier-related operational matters.
• Offer key and sound business, financial and economic advice in the field operations of the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Sciences, Health, Development Studies or Economics. Strong grasp of customer relations, sales and marketing. Strong oral and written communication in English, including report writing, detailed presentations and public speaking, negotiation and facilitation.
• Business skills, with a special emphasis on managing relations with suppliers of good (e.g. LLINs) and services (e.g. advertising agencies). Skilled in managing budgets and financial management including: forecasting, variance analysis and oversight of funds.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of supply-chain management and public-private partnership.
• Ability to manage complex projects and to transfer strategy/policy into practice.
• Understanding of Ghana’s diverse geography and cultures.
• Supplemental training in Business Administration on donor-funded projects and/or public health projects.
• At least 5 years working with non-governmental organisations.
• At least 5 years of project management experience on donor-funded projects.
• At least 5 years experience working in the private sector, with particular emphasis on sales/marketing functions
• Experience with return on investment measure (ROI).
How to Apply For the Job
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and references to:
Indicate the position of which you are applying ni the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 08 August, 2016