A Leading Private University invites applications from suitable candidates to work as part of its hard-working team in charge of the development and support of software and web-based systems for supporting and managing academic, learning, teaching and administrative activities and functions of the university. The team is also in charge of the development and support of our Learning Management System (LMS)
Job Title: University IT Software/System Developer
Applicants must be competent in handling system administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Strong knowledge of Moodle core features installation and configurations.
- Troubleshoot PHP codes and applications issues and resolve any system performance problems.
- Managing site user authentication and course enrollment processes Maintaining the Learning Management System (LMS) upgrade cycle, including acting on security notifications.
Required Skills or Experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in web-based systems development, implementation and support
- Ability to Write quality PHP code conforming to Moodle guidelines
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in PHP.
- 3+ years Developing Web Applications in PHP
- 3+ years customizing and developing modules with a major CMS or LMS.
- Requirements analysis and gathering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Web Host Control Panels administration, and troubleshooting.
- Web Servers: PHP administration, and troubleshooting.
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server (installation, administration, and troubleshooting)
- CMS: Joomla, Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress (installation, administration)
- Scripting PHP, Perl, etc.
How to Apply
Please send your application and CV to: [email protected]