- The Sales Engineer’s job involves developing strategies and providing product sales support.
- The Sales Engineer researches, understands the customer needs, and determines the overall business and technical sale solution.
- This individual will be part of the internal technical resource to set up and deliver demonstrations and presentations for the core products.
- The main duty is to understand the customer needs and combine them with all product offers to determine solutions that will provide value to the potential customer.
- Conceptualize and communicate how the company’s products and services affect opportunities within potential customers
- Perform customer needs assessments and solution finding sessions
- Define the optimal product mix to address requirements of prospect business
- Interface with customers and provide responses for product and technical requests
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features and benefits
- Associate or build relationships with user groups, industry groups, etc.
- Prepare and present demonstrations of all core product offerings
- Prospect for customers
Required Skills or Experience
Skills and Specifications
- Proven success in selling solutions to both technical and business buyers
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations
- Able to prioritize work in multi-tasking environment
- Able to meet deadlines and follow up on commitments
- Strong selling and sales aptitude
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the market research industry and customer feedback trends
- Customer focused and paying attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
Education and Qualifications:
- A degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering or related fields
- Prior technical sales experience (At least 5 year)
- Valid Driving License.