The Proforest Africa Regional Office based in Accra Ghana, is looking for an experienced staff. We are seeking to recruit a partly qualified Ghanaian who has specialist knowledge in financial management, has a good understanding of financial policies, procedures and practices. You will be a good communicator and have good interpersonal and supervisory skills as well as strong numerical and financial skills. You will be able to work under pressure, be proactive and have a strong sense of honesty and integrity.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer.
The purpose of the role is to provide financial and administrative support to programmes and project implementation, ensuring that policies, procedures and minimum standards of accounting and administration are complied with.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are accurately, properly and timely recorded in accordance with Proforest policies, procedures and guidelines
- Process payments in line with approved budgets, ensuring compliance with Proforest procedures and using correct account codes and authorizations
- Maintain the office petty cash fund and related cashbook
- Maintain the bankbooks for all bank accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations to reconcile bankbooks and bank balances
- Maintain and regularly update the travel advance register and ensure all advances given are accounted for in accordance with Proforest policy.
- Ensure that all accounting documents are regularly and properly filed
- Ensure consistent application of financial procedures and standards
- Ensure invoices are issued in line with invoicing guides and these are submitted to the clients in good time
- Liaise with Finance and Operations Manager to ensure all statutory payments are made on time
- Facilitate the organization of workshops, conferences and meetings
- Make arrangements and bookings for transport and accommodation for official travel when required
- Facilitate visa applications and travel arrangements for visitors and staff
- Ensure that Admin records are properly filed both electronically and in physical files
- Coordinate and manage monthly staff meetings as well as the minutes
- Assist with recruitment processes, advertising, collecting CVs, arranging interviews etc.
- Perform any other duties that may be deemed appropriate for this role as assigned by the Finance and Operations Manager
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in Accounting
- Professional financial qualifications (partly qualified)
- Knowledge in financial management
- At least three years’ practical experience in finance and administration
- Knowledge and understanding of standard financial policies, procedures and practices
- Good level of financial and numerical skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literacy, including proven knowledge and experience of word processing and spreadsheets (preferably Microsoft word and Excel)
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritise and produce high level output consistently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must be responsible, proactive, organised and accurate
- Strong sense of honesty and integrity and personal commitment to the goals of Proforest
How to Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter of no more than two pages each and confirmation that you are eligible to work in Ghana to [email protected]
Closing Date: 21st October 2016
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.