Posted on :
14 May, 2014
14 May, 2014
Right To Play is a global organisation that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children and youth to over come the effects of conflict, poverty and disease. Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps children in more than 20 countries to build essential life skills and better futures, while driving lasting social change.
The West and Francophone Africa (WAFA) Regional Office based in Ghana has the following vacancy:- Programme Officer
The Regional Programme Officer – DFATD (RPO) is a position exists to strengthen effectiveness and performance of the DFATD funded Program in WAFA. The RPO reports to the WAFA Regional Programme Manager and supports the effective management of the DFATD portfolio. The position is based in Accra, and has a regional remit. The RPO is a member of the WAFA Regional Office team and works out of Ghana covering Rwanda, Mali. Liberia and Benin in addition. His/her major focus is on the management and implementation of the day-to-day Play to Learn programme activities in accordance with the agreements, guidelines and policies provided by DFATD and RTP. Specifically, the RPO has specific accountabilities and responsibilities in areas of:
• DFATD Program planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
• Financial oversight
• Capacity building for WAFA Programme Staff
Qualification Required & Experience
• MA/MSc Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies and other discipline relevant to RTP programme focus areas (planning, development studies, education, sports, health/HIV, public policy, rural/social development, or related field).
• Specialised training in project planning, monitoring/evaluation and reporting.
• 5-7 years of work experience in development project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, at a supervisory level.
• Prior work experience with a youth, gender, sports, health, conflict management, and/or HIV programming institution.
• Proven experience in writing programme reports for institutional donors such as CIDA, USAID, DFID, etc.
• NGOs experience; Organizational development, quality improvement experience
• Intimate knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to the address below:
Closing Date: 20 May, 2014
• Please indicate the position you are applying to in the email subject line.
• While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected forinterviews will be contacted.
• Right To Play is a child-centered organization.
• Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.