Posted on :
19 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
Government embarked upon an exercise to reform the Public Procurement System in 1996 as an integral part of a wider Public Financial Management Reform Programme (P
JobUFMARP).The exercise was to improve the overall public financial management in the country.
The reform exercise identified shortcoming and organizational weaknesses inherent in the country’s procurement system. These include the absence of a comprehensive public procurement policy and the lack of a comprehensive legal regime to safeguard the integrity of the public procurement system. Others are the absence of a central body with the requisite capability, technical expertise and competence to develop a coherent public procurement policy.
A reputable organization invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Officer
To provide operational support fo the achievement of the objectives of the Procurement unit.
The Assistant Procurement Officer will report directly to the Procurement Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collects inputs for drafting Specifications/Terms of Reference for Procurement of goods, works and services.
2. Collects data for the preparation of reports on procurement activities.
3. Establishes and maintains register of service providers for the entity.
4. Keeps records of stock levels to ensure availability of goods for operational requirements.
5. Manages inventories in the organisation and proposes redistribution actions.
6. Receives and inspects supplies and recommends actions on petitions from vendors and departments.
7. Prepares documentation to replenish stocks on periodic basis
Required Skills or Experience
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees should reach the following address by Friday, 26th May 2017
The Chief Executive P. M. B. 30 Ministries – Accra
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.