Posted on :
9 Aug, 2016
9 Aug, 2016
The origins of the Public Services Commission (PSC) can be traced back to 1947 when the colonial government accepted the recommendations of the Haragin Committee for the establishment of public services commissions in the colonies, including the Gold Coast, Nigeria, the Gambia and Sierra Leone.
The objective for the establishment of the Commissions in the colonies was to effect a desirable consolidation and extension of existing arrangements regarding human resource and other associated matters in order to secure the confidence, fairness and impartiality of the general public and government appointees.
Job Title: Director – General
• To provide strategic leadership, technical and administrative direction for the attainment of the strategic objectives of the Internal Audit Agency.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Advise the Board on policy formulation review and strategic direction of the Agency.
• Conduct day-to-day management and administration of the Agency.
• Ensure the implementation of the policies, decisions and other directives of the Board.
• Support and coordinating internal audit functions in government entitles.
• Ensure the recruitment, development and continuous professional development and maintenance of the organisation and staff.
• Ensure quality assurance in the practice of internal audit units.
• Lead in knowledge management and networking.
• Ensure monitoring and implementation of the internal audit recommendations
• Promote relationship with professional bodies and other government agencies.
• Understanding the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
• Prepare and submitting strategic plan, annual work plan and reports to the Board based on approved budget.
• Ensure risks are properly managed using ERM tools.
• Carry out reasonable requests for specific audits/investigations in MDAs and MMDAs.
Terms Of Appointment:
• The successful candidate should be able to serve a minimum term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60).
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent from a tertiary institution.
• A master’s degree qualification in Auditing, Accounting, Public/Business Administration, HRM, Finance or related field of specialisation.
• A Certified Internal Auditor or Professional Accountant with the CIAlICA/ACCAlCCPAlCIMA membership.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years post (professional or post-graduate) qualification, working experience in professional auditing, management, finance and or accounting in a reputable public or private sector organisation, five (5) years of which must be at Senior Management level in the public or private sector.
• Be computer literate.
Competencies And Skills:
• Strong managerial, administrative and organisational skills.
• Demonstrable knowledge of public financial management systems.
• Creative, innovative and good business acumen.
• Excellent demonstration of visionary,
• strategic leadership and decision-making skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Excellent financial and auditing knowledge.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Appreciable knowledge of IT.
• Strategic and Change Management skills.
• Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified persons should forward their applications, together with their curriculum vitae and photocopies of certificates to the under-mentioned address not later than three (3) weeks from the date of first publication of this advertisement:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
Closing Date: 29 August, 2016
Qualified females and people with disability are encouraged to apply