Purple Martin is the first HR Process Outsourcing (HRPO) provider in the Middle East, a single source of end-to-end HR Process Outsourcing solutions.
Job Title: MEP Operations Manager
Manage assigned MEP projects within the predefined scope. Responsibilities cover the pre-agreement evaluations and negotiations, execution of technical work, material management, staff supervision, budget control, and adherence to regulations and international standards.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure use of best practices project management tools and procedures and comply with quality systems.
- Ensure proper planning and scheduling of projects resource requirements in coordination with the different stakeholders for timely delivery of projects.
- Set Project Budget & Cash Flows, monitor projects costs and ensure that they are well managed and properly reported to the different stakeholders.
- Act as a facilitator if need be between the different stakeholders of a project to resolve any conflict and ensure a smooth and timely execution of the project.
- Apply the Group’s safety standards in line with the International Standards and comply with Project requirements.
- Review business and technical terms of contracting documents and support the Corporate Services Department throughout the legal review process.
- Agree with the Corporate Services Department on the warranties and bonds to be engaged per project.
- Assign, in coordination with the Country Manager, a Project Manager for each new project and then manage and develop project managers in charge of these individual projects.
- Review and validate the project charter, plan, and resources as developed by the assigned project manager.
- Review and approve project managers’ requests for resources (human, material, financial) and submit them to the concerned corporate services unit for proper action.
- Develop appropriate tools for controlling project budgets and resources.
- Develop the appropriate tools to oversee and monitor all projects planning and implementation.
- Ensure that all necessary legislations are being complied.
- Ensure that the works carried out under the contract satisfy the client’s and the Company’s safety standards and in compliance with local safety requirements.
- Plan and conduct general inspections and ensure that regular safety meetings are conducted on site.
- Attend to solve any emergency situation within operations.
- Develop an operational library that includes all operational manuals and documentation and ensure that each project is maintaining its own documentation.
- Approve all openings within the operations department and coordinate with Corporate Services department for sourcing the required candidates.
Job Description – MEP Operations Manager Page 2 Of 2
- Conduct interviews with candidates submitted for vacancies within operations, approve hiring within the presales team, recommend project managers hiring to the Country Manager and validate the technical competencies of project’s staff.
- Responsible for the proper management of the human resources within operations i.e assignments, attendance, performance, reward, training, etc…
- Carry out periodic skills reviews of staff under supervision to ensure they meet the skills requirements and provide support/coaching to all operations staff as necessary.
- Develop team commitment and co-operation.
- Update personal skills, knowledge and qualifications and licenses to maintain a high level of competence.
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Meet and set high standards of service to colleagues and customers.
- A bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8-10 years hands on and project management experience in MEP projects, operations and maintenance of facilities and/or utilities equipment
- Experience in setting up and operating the support services required to run a camp of staff
- Experience in project estimating and execution
- Computer literate, ability to learn and use new software systems
- Good oral and written English skills
- Ability to prepare operational and contract reports
- Good communication skills