A crucial and responsible role to oversee the administration of the day to day business and its operations. To be available as a central conduit for swift and accurate reception and processing of information. Receiving and passing of email communications, processing enquiries Monitoring day to day work activities and movements of field personnel (primarily in Tema and Takoradi) Processing of financial matters, within authorised parameters and procedures:
Job Title: Administration Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Petty cash
- Banking orders
- Payment and registration of relevant taxes
- Maintaining account records and reconciliations
- Invoicing and credit control
- Liaison with appointed accountants
- Monitoring and maintaining day to day/month stock levels of office and field consumables
- Keeping Management reports and payments up to date
- Petty cash and Bank statements (weekly)
- Monthly Financial Statement (monthly)
- Salary and VAT (monthly)
- Annual accounts (annually)
- Monthly operations statement (monthly)
- Safety and Training statements (monthly/annual)
- Ad-hoc reports (as called for)
- Maintain/develop/improve office systems and filing
- Maintain/develop/improve reporting systems
- Personnel motivation/discipline issues, in accordance with any delegated instruction/authority.
Based in Tema with occasional travel within Ghana & Togo
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Skills and education may be varied, but candidates should be adequately qualified to a post graduate (degree) level, or significant recognized working experience equivalent. It is recognized that candidates would not necessarily have all aptitudes and skills mentioned below.
Candidates should demonstrate where their aptitudes and skills exist and where they might need development and/or training.
Aptitudes and skills:
- Accurate written/spoken English Skills
- Good written/spoken skills in French
- Excellent Accounting skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft package systems
- Reasonable to good computing keyboard skills
- Reasonable to Good handwriting skills
- Ability to develop reporting using computer packages
- Experience of accounting software
- Experience in Ghanaian taxation
- Ability to work calmly under stress
- Ability to work extended hours when called
- Availability for handling out of hours call enquiries when needed
- Good personnel skills
- Authoritative without arrogance
- Innovative thinker / proactive performer
- Be open and receptive to training and changes of operating systems
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in administrative role showing some significant areas relating to this vacancy, of which 3 or more should be at Managerial level.
Candidates must demonstrate within their application, by educational qualification and/or written explanation, as to which aptitudes and skills they possess.
Applications should include:
- Personal details (name, residential address, age, nationality, contact details).
- Contact details for at least two but up to three referees which may be contacted, of which employment referees must cover references for at least 3 years management.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Written letter of application, explaining
*Why they are seeking a job
*Why they feel suited to this vacancy
*What they can offer to this company
*What they expect to gain from being with this company
1700 GHS per month Gross, rising to 2000 GHS per month gross on completion of successful 3 month probation. NSSIT payments will be duly deducted and paid to relevant Ghanaian authorities each month.
To Apply: Send your CV [email protected]