QED is an international consulting firm that provides its clients with empirical data, powerful tools, and resources that improve international development project design, implementation, decision-making, and adaptive management. We provide our clients with innovative systems and high-quality services that foster information sharing and improved learning to fundamentally address real-world problems.
Job Title: Senior M&E Specialist – Ghana
The QED Group is seeking a local Senior M&E Specialist for an upcoming long-term USAID learning and evaluation activity in Ghana. The Sr. M&E Specialist will provide a wide variety of technical support to USAID and its implementing partners (IPs) that will enhance M&E systems. This position is contingent on QED being awarded the contract.
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
- Work with USAID/Ghana includes the following responsibilities:
- The Senior M&E Advisor will oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the project, including the data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
- S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality development and production of all data quality assessment reports, assist in the production of evaluations reports and any assessments, population-based surveys, and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses.
- S/he will be responsible for the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Other responsibilities include assisting the Chief of Party and M&E Director with outreach and engagement with the private sector, universities, NGOs, the Government of Ghana and other donors, as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or greater in a relevant field such as applied social sciences, development economics, or monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility working in M&E for USAID or other donor-funded development programs.
- Experience working in Ghana and an understanding of West African cultural context.
- Technical expertise in democracy and governance or countering violent extremism.
- Must have demonstrated abilities in program/project results monitoring and reporting.
- Have demonstrated technical expertise, ample field of experience, and relevant technical background in evaluating rural development programs.
- Hands-on field survey design and implementation experience.
- Possess the ability to rapidly develop impact evaluation scopes of work and consolidate independent relationships with technical level public officials and civil society partners in carrying out impact evaluations.
- Using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators.
- Conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports.
- Strong organizational, writing, and communications skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Success factors for the Senior M&E Specialists will be strong skills in strategic analysis, M&E, data collection and analysis, identifying trends in data, and the ability to write convincing findings and recommendations.
- Excellent English verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- French language skills preferred.
- Local candidates only.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
Go to https://careers-qedgroupllc.icims.com/jobs/1340/senior-m%26e-specialist—ghana/job
Complete the online application.
Attach your resume.
Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without a resume and/or biodata will not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.