Posted on :
2 Feb, 2014
2 Feb, 2014
Our client is one of the largest wire and cable manufacturers in the world. Our client serves a network of 57 manufacturing facilities in 26 countries and has worldwide sales representation and distribution. As part of our clients market expansion strategy, we are looking for highly qualified person to fill the role of Business Development Manager for West Africa operating from Ghana.
The role will be responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the sales and marketing activities of the organization in West Africa region Ghana
• Responsible to achieve agreed Net Revenue sales targets and Gross Margins
• Relationship building
• Identify and gain access to all stakeholders
• Monitor competitor activities in each account and participates in the development and implantation of appropriate response and proactive strategies
• Plan, develop, implement and maintain sales strategies to specific key accounts by cultivating relationships and identifying opportunities in order to facilitate theachievement of short and long term sales target
• Meet all customer expectations and all placements
• Justify clear and quantifiable value to the clients in order to differentiate General Cable products from our competitors
• Understanding where all the costs sit within the procurement channel
• Analyse customer complaints and ensure that feedback is given
• Representing General Cable at conferences, road shows and meetings
• Arrange factory visits with customers
• Manage any tender bid process if required
• Report on Market Conditions and Competitor Activities weekly within Ghana and where possible the Region
• Acquire , improve technical Knowledge of General Cable product offerings
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner according to General Cable Values
• Being a Brand Ambassador that reflect the Company ethics and values
• Develop high standard of written communication (English) and correspondence to customers, suppliers and stake holders.
Knowledge and Experience
• Marketing and Sales Professional Qualification
• The successful candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in a combination of Sales and Marketing & Business Development
• He/she should be experienced and familiar with the West Africa Ghana cable market conditions
• He/she must have technical background gained in the cable industry
• Sales acumen and a proven track record in Sales
Skills and attributes
Leadership and management behavioral competencies
Thinks and lead strategically
• Links long-range vision and strategy to daily activities.
• Must have valid passport and driver’s license
• Able to travel within the region.
Delivering Results – improves business practices for higher performance levels:
• Introduces incremental improvements to process, operations or practices that improve business performance.
• Uses fact-based analysis (or external benchmarking) to establish new ways of doing things that deliver higher levels of performance.
• Strong experience in report writing
• Able to communicate at high level with the customers and suppliers
• Able to understand cable manufacturing processes in the region
Change and Innovation – builds team momentum for change and innovation:
• Engages the motives, values and goals of individuals or groups to get their personal commitment to driving, progress or innovation efforts themselves.
Team Player – builds and leverages partnerships:
• Actively builds and reinforces strong networks.
• Readily establishes rapport and has credibility with a wide range of contacts.
• Builds strong partnering relationships with partners and colleagues.
• Initiates specific projects or influences efforts to foster collaboration within and across the Region/Company.
• Works to ensure that the mutual interests of all parties are met.
Working with Integrity – shapes the Region’s values by challenging it to be a leader rather than a follower:
• Changes the organization to reflect these values.
• Drives the reshaping of the Region beyond its own area.
Leadership – inspires high-performance teams:
• Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
• Uses a range of styles to influence and gain commitment from the team and others.
• Gets team members to demonstrate their pride in belonging to the Company.
• Removes barriers or provides resources to further the team’s progress.
• Highly professional with unquestioned integrity.
• Agile, passionate and dynamic leader with energy and ability to work effectively across a complex organization that competes in diverse industries and geographies.
• A change agent with a demonstrated ability to lead complex projects.
• An outstanding communicator with excellent written and verbal skills who will be viewed as a team player, with the ability to build a network of support from people at both corporate and business unit levels.
• A self-starter. Someone who stays one step ahead yet ensures that others on the team are not left behind.
• Able to position and coach others.
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your CV’S to:
Closing Date: 20 February, 2014