Posted on :
24 May, 2016
24 May, 2016
Ghana Prisons Service has opened recruitment for applicants who are interested in safe custody, welfare, reformation and rehabilitation of prisoners.
Company: Ghana Prisons Service
Category: Security / Law Enforcement
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 19 Jun-2016
All Recruitment Applications must be done online only.
• Purchase an e-voucher at any GCB Bank Limited across the country at the cost of One Hundred Ghana Cedis [GH100.00] only.
• Give your full official name (Applicant) at the point of purchase.
• Use your Serial Number [SN] and Pin Code [PIN] to access the application form online at the website address: www.joinghprisons.com.gh. (The SN and PIN can be used to print a summary of your application online)
• Keep your SN and PIN for all stages of the recruitment process.
• The online application form is accessible only by the SN and PIN.
• Carefully follow instructions before you apply.
• ALL correspondence with applicants will be done through e-mail and text messages only.
• Only Short-listed Applicants will be invited for further stages of the recruitment exercise.
• Do NOT submit more than one  application online otherwise you will be disqualified.
ADMINISTRATION/ RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Applicants are responsible for their own transportation, feeding, accommodation and other expenses throughout the recruitment exercise.
1. Applicants who meet the initial requirements will be short-listed and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. Short-listed applicants will be invited for the following:
• Physical and Body screening
• Written Examination
• Inspection and verification of all necessary documents
• Medical Examination
3. Results submitted during the application process would be verified at WAEC hence Applicants who present false documents would be arrested and prosecuted.
4. Candidates who are successful in  above will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Applicants who are cleared of criminal records would be invited to commence training.
• Sale of E-Voucher Commences on 26th May and Ends on 17th June, 2016.
• Online registration Starts on 30th May and Ends on 19th June, 2016.
• The Ghana Prisons Service is an equal opportunity employer, hence Applicants MUST refuse offers from “connection men”. Do not pay money to anyone.
• Applicants must note that higher certificates apart from those specified shall not be accepted.
• Apart from selected applicants with Diploma in Registered General/Psychiatric Nursing and Agriculture who will be appropriately placed, all other applicants will start from Second Class Officer Rank after completion of training.
• Applicants with Technical qualifications who are selected will assemble at the Prisons Officers Training School in Accra for practical test. The dates and time would be communicated to them in course of the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 19 June, 2016