Posted on :
27 Jul, 2016
27 Jul, 2016
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draws on the wealth of regional and technical expertise as well as tried and tested management know-how.
As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
GIZ offers customised solutions to complex challenges. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development in more than 130 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Advisor, Internally Generated Funds
• Providing professional advice to partners (Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD), regional representatives, District Assemblies and local Governments among others) and cooperating with important stakeholders
• Independently managing the IGF-component’s activities in accordance with the project objectives.
• Innovation and knowledge management, communication and monitoring
• Professional advisory services for partner institutions
• Develops, implements and monitors project/programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
• Advises the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, Local Governments, District Assemblies among others and identifies capacity needs, develops concepts and strategies, and provides technical input
• Participates in identifying needs for external advice. works on policy recommendations and supports the development of a strategic approach
• Ensures and supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with core partners, other relevant institutions and organisations in the governmental and non-governmental sectors.
• Communicates local interests and efforts’ and encourages sharing of ideas and information
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc or doctorate in Public Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Public Sector Management, Local Government Administration, Law or a related discipline or an equivalent qualification in taxation or similar area
• At least 5-7 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years professional experience in a similar or leading position
• Significant experience related to the duties listed above, ideally acquired through experience in a municipal/metropolitan tax and public finance environment
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies
• Fluent written and oral mastery of the English language.
• Proven analytical, organizational, project/time management as well as problem-solving good writing, reporting and documentation skills.
How to Apply For the Job
• Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a half to one page letter addressing the applicant’s motivation by email to:
Closing Date: 08 August, 2016
• Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. If you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the deadline please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ- Ghana is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.