Tetra Tech ARD (www.tetratechintdev.com) is currently inviting qualified candidates for the above role within the active West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA-BiCC) programme. This is a multi-year USAID-funded programme to improve conservation and climate-resilient, low emission growth across West Africa.
Job Title: Finance Specialist Support – Short-Term
The Finance Specialist Support position will be a short-term position and will be responsible for assisting the Finance Office with managing overall accounting and financial control systems for the USAID WA BiCC office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, this position may be required to manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to Tetra Tech ARD Home Office, cash flow management.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for processing all types of financial transactions, including Data Entry, Payments & banking, using accounting package and assisting the Finance, Grants & Operations Manager in all areas of financial accounting and financial control;
- Maintain and update accounting & financial control systems in accordance with US government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), Tetra Tech ARD policy transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system;
- Manage the preparation and submission of the USAID monthly expenditure reports, ensuring that they are accurate, complete and submitted to Tetra Tech ARD HO Chief Accountant, by the specified due date each month;
- Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in QuickBooks and ensure Tetra Tech ARD accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented;
- Develop a plan to monitor; all project-related funds, by tracking expenses against budget line items. Design and manage audits and financial reviews;
- Manages VAT tax exemption process prepares monthly reports for USAID; and
- Manages confidential payment of monthly payroll and orders payments of income tax, pensions.
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance or similar field is (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned). Full Membership of a Professional Accountancy body, e.g. CPA,ACCA,ICA, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
- Experience working on a USAID-funded program or in a similar position for an international NGO is required. Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 is desired.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software is required.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, should be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Proficient/Excellent in QuickBooks software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
Level Of Effort: Approximately 65 working days from June 1 to August 31 2017.
Languages: Fluent in English; and professional proficiency in French will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, visit the link (https://goo.gl/HkiXKf).
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations in the US and overseas.
We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce.
We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups.
Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.