Vodafone Ghana, formerly Ghana Telecom, is the national telecommunications company of Ghana. In 2006, it had around 400,000 customers for fixed and mobile telephony and Internet services.
On 3 August 2008 it was announced that Vodafone had agreed to acquire 70 % of Ghana Telecom from the Ghanaian government at a cost of US$900 million and a total enterprise value of approximately US$1.3 billion. After the transaction closed, Vodafone had a 70% stake in the company, while the Ghanaian government retained a 30% stake. The sale was supported by president John Agyekum Kufuor but strongly opposed by the opposition party which would win the presidential elections a few months later. The new president John Atta Mills, head of the National Democratic Congress party (NDC) also launched an investigation into the deal after being elected president a claiming that the government “did not get value for money”. Despite these claims Vodafone a few months later would write down the value of its stake in Ghana Telecom by £250m as the economic climate worsened, damaging the business’s prospects
Job Title: Customer Management Analyst
Key Activities / Decision Areas
- Validate and create fixed applications from FBB online portal in the ordering system (CRM) for survey.
- Create FBB accounts for Qualified applicants
- Manage end to end FBB acquisition process to ensure that all support teams perform their activities with agreed timelines and also track the process to identify and correct process fall outs.
- Identify and raise any system or process gap that may impact the on-boarding experience for a quick resolution.
- Ensure delayed or breached applications are monitored, tracked and fulfilled within a given ETR (Expected Time to Resolve)
- Confirm service installation with customer and subsequently close service order in the ordering system.
- Manage closed but uncompleted service requests
- Daily Bin management
- Facilitate speedy customer complaint resolution through escalation from National Communications Authority(NCA) Senior Management Team(SMT), Social Media,
- Handle day to day customer issues including difficult or sensitive issues (HVC, brand damaging customer etc).
- Follow up with Support teams to ensure timely resolution of reported jobs or incidents.
- Manage customers (internal/external) throughout the fault repair process
- Validate and process Credit adjustment requests
Essential Role Related Knowledge, Technical Skills, Qualifications And Experience
- Sound commercial acumen
- Good relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Mobile and Fixed Line products
- Experienced in statistical analysis
- Ability to work in matrix teams
- Experience in using Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint