Posted on :
30 Sep, 2016
30 Sep, 2016
The Resiliency in Northern Ghana Project (RING) Project is a USAID-funded nutrition and poverty reduction program currently implemented in 17 Metropolitan, Municipal and Districts Assemblies of the Northern Region. The project is implemented through the Northern Regional Coordinating Council (NRCC) and District Assemblies (DAs) and their substructures to deliver livelihoods, agriculture, nutrition, WASH and governance services to vulnerable families with technical support from Global Communities.
As part of its technical support to MMDAs, Global Communities’ intends to procure the services of 12 Consultants (Field Monitors) to work in 6 districts for a period of 1 year to support Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) activity implementation and help the Region achieve its National goal of becoming Open Defecation Free (ODF) certified by the end of 2017.
Job Title: Community Lead Total Sanitation Consultants (12 Positions)
The assignment and its Objective
The assignment involves pre-triggering, triggering and implementation of post triggering activities in CLTS communities in the districts. Under this assignment, each successful candidate will be required to trigger 10 communities and provide technical support and guidance for them to become ODF certified within 1 year.
Scope of work for the CLTS Consultants (Field Monitors)
The assignment will be carried out in the following districts: East Mamprusi, Gushegu, Karaga, North Gonja, Nanumba North and Saboba.
Successful candidates will be required to perform the following tasks as part of the assignment:
• Work with District Environmental Health Agents to conduct pre-triggering activities and gather baseline data from the community
• Lead triggering of 10 CLTS communities
• Lead monitoring in all supported communities
• Support Natural Leaders to update community action plans and defecation maps
• Support Natural Leaders and households to construct latrines, tippy taps for hand washing and functional soakaways
• Conduct house-to-house latrine use monitoring and hygiene and sanitation sensitization
• Collect and transmit CLTS data from the communities to RING and the EHSD
• Provide weekly updates and monthly narrative report on CLTS activities
• Facilitate community self-assessment and DICCS verification of the 10 CLTS communities
• Participate in RICCS verification of the 10 CLTS communities
• Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by RING
Outputs & Deliverables
As evidence of performance of duties, and for which payment of remuneration will be based, the CLTS Consultants (Field Monitors) will be required to submit the following deliverables:
• Weekly updates on the nature of technical support provided to the communities highlighting key CLTS data (number of latrines constructed, number in use, number of tippy taps for hand washing constructed, number of soakaways constructed etc.).
• Monthly narrative reports, indicating communities visited, number of visits and the activities undertaken
• Community self-assessment reports and district ODF verification reports
• At least 8 ODF certified communities by the end of the contract period
Qualification Required & Experience
Eligible candidates must have the following:
• Minimum of Certificate or Diploma in a relevant discipline (environmental studies, public health, development studies) with 3 years post national service relevant working experience, OR, first degree with 2 years post national service experience.
• Demonstrated Experience with Community-Led Total Sanitation is required
• Be able to communicate effectively in at least one of the following languages; Mampruli, Dagbani/Namumba, Gonja, Likpakpal (Kokomba), and Anufo (Chokosi)
• Be able to ride a motorbike and have a valid rider’s license
• Must have a motorbike or have access to a motorbike for the duration of the assignment
• Basic knowledge in MS office applications
• Be willing to stay and work in one of the above-mentioned districts.
Duration of assignment
The assignment is for a one (1) year period starting November 1st, 2016.
Location: East Mamprusi, Gushegu, Karaga, North Gonja, Nanumba North and Saboba.
How to Apply For the Job
Please, send your applications together with CVs to:-
Closing Date: 15 October, 2016
No third parties involved.