CA Global Africa Recruitment is currently looking for a Head of Operational Risk for one of its clients (an International Bank) in Africa. The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of Operational Risk.
The Candidate’s responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
– Develop operational risk management governance process and strategy
– Develop and maintain bank-wide operational risk management, framework, polices and guidelines
– Inculcate operational risk management culture by operational risk awareness programmes
– Monitors the environment to identify regulatory/legal/business/industry changes that could impact the Bank
– Develop, maintain and operational risk key indicators in the key business processes and report to management and risk committees
– Review of operating losses summary data to ensure that key control themes are identified and that risk mitigation actions are adequate;
– Consult with business units regarding resolution of operational risk issues including regulatory examination recommendations;
– Ensure that operational risk models to measure operational losses are developed and implemented;
– Review the capital charge for operational risk and ensure accuracy
– Ensure Bank-wide compliance with Bank act regulations on operational risk
– Review Risk Management Self Assessment and plans and provides commentary on operational risk issues to the assigned Enterprise Risk Management Officer;
– Lead or participate in bank-wide and industry operational risk related committees as requested;
– Partner with colleagues in the Business Units and Corporate support departments to develop corporate standards and promote awareness of ERM’s role and objectives;
– Develop and maintain close ties with Business Units to ensure informal early warning communication channels in place to identify business developments that potentially impact the Bank’s operational risk profile;
– Coordinate and produce quality risk management reports for the Operational Risk Committee and Board Risk Committee;
– Follow-up on all agreed actions in the Operational Risk Committee;
– Ensure that the business continuity plans are updated and tested on a regular basis;
– Ensure risks inherent in new products, services and processes are assessed and mitigation actions identified and recommended to the respective Business Units;
– In liaison with Finance, review the insurance program and ensure all effectively risks transferred
– Monitor all the insurance claims and settlements are reconciled to the operational risk loss database and Finance;
– Assess risks inherent in outsourced functions and ensure exposures are effectively managed and reported;
– Drive special risk projects as assigned by the Head of Risk, Finance or related field;
– Lead, guide and motivate the operational risk team;
– Provide proactive operational risk management coaching/mentoring/training for staff at all levels throughout the Bank.
– Develop operational risk statement for subsequent approval and publication in the annual report
The Candidate must have;
– A degree in a relevant field
– Minimum of seven (7) years of Banking experience with at least 3 years in a Senior Operational Risk role.
– Strong interpersonal, organization, leadership and communication skills
– Ability to lead or contribute to large, complex, multi-jurisdictional working groups.
– Good problem solving, influencing and decision making ability
Preference will be given to Ghanaian nationals.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.