We are a professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide.
We regulate and promote the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics; and provide impartial advice and guidance.
Job Title: Office Administrator
The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of membership support in West Africa including following up on correspondence to ensure that current member and membership applicant enquires are dealt with in a professional manner, via a robust and efficient process. There is also a requirement to manage the RICS West Africa office in terms of local finance, legal and administrative tasks.
Key Achievements & Responsibilities
Champion the RICS and fulfil a supporting role in the delivery of the RICS West Africa business plan at a country level. Look for opportunities to raise the profile of Chartered Surveyors and to grow & develop the membership and work with colleagues in the business development teams, training services team and alternative dispute resolution services team to support and facilitate growth of these commercial services in West Africa. Provide events management support including;
- Venue management – researching suitable venues, negotiating competitive rates and the signing of contracts for the supply of services.
- Event promotion – upload events to the booking and website systems
- Event logistics – event administration, catering, refreshments, preparation of conference documentation, badges, attendance lists
- On-site management of events – assist with the co-ordination of the events on-site, liaise with the venue, attend where appropriate and actively facilitate networking. Speaker administration – support with speakers’ travel, special requirements, presentations and papers
- Event measurement – help produce delegate evaluation forms and collate and analyse data post event
- Sponsorship management – ensure that all sponsors’ requirements are delivered at the event
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure clear communication of activity within West Africa
- Support the Country Board including coordinating meetings and possibly taking and issuing Minutes.
- Be responsible for the efficient running of the West Africa office in Ghana, dealing with all local finance, legal and administrative requirements, equipment maintenance, literature and stationery supplies in the most cost effective way
- Excellent customer service
- Experience in a customer focused and client facing role
- Communications: Confident and diplomatic communicator when handling challenging clients.
- Excellent grasp of English (written and spoken)
- Strong networking and working with people
- Experience of organising and running events
- Project management and logistics skills – delivery on time and within budget
- Highly IT literate (MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Good problem solving ability, creativity, drive and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work on own initiative and good team player
- Experience of procurement and supplier management
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business within the Region , as and when required
- Attention to detail
- Confident, reasoned, fact-based decision making
This role in based in Accra, Ghana with a competitive salary and benefit package