Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
The Ridge School was established in 1959 by 24 foreign companies that sought to educate the children of their employees after the closure of the British Army School. These companies became the debenture holders. Originally registered as ‘The Ridge School (1959)’, it became necessary to re-register the school in 1966, after the coup d’etat which overthrew the government of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. Hence the school is now known as The Ridge School (1966).
Originally, the school offered primary education only, but a Kindergarten(KG) was added in 1980 and a Junior Secondary Section in 1991. The age range is from 4 years (KG) to approximately 15 years (JHS 3).
Company: Ridge School Kumasi
Category: Education / Training
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 19 May-2016
• The holder of this position will be a member of the management team, who will be required to supervise instruction, develop and implement school work, counsel children and organise staff appraisal. He/She will report to the principal.
• The prospective applicant must exhibit excellent oral communications
• The head is expected to be able to deal with different cultures and religion in a receptive and unprejudiced manner, given the multinational nature of the school.
• Awareness of international developments in education, and ability to incorporate these into the school’s curriculum is vital.
• The prospective applicant must also have experience in administering in a similar institution
Qualification Required & Experience
• The minimum qualification is a degree in Education or its equivalent
• A Master’s degree holder has an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send applications, including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and 2 references to:
Chairman, Board of Governors
The Ridge School
P.O.Box KS 5833
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 19 May, 2016