Posted on :
15 Jun, 2016
15 Jun, 2016
The Rural Enterprise Program (REP) seeks to improve the livelihoods and incomes of rural poor micro and small entrepreneurs. The development objective is to increase the number of rural Medium and Small Scale Enterprises (MSEs) that generate profit, growth and employment opportunities. The project has four outcomes, namely: (1) business development services accessible to MSEs in rural districts; (2) technical skills transferred and technologies disseminated; (3) access of MSEs to finance ensured; and (4) MSE support institutions and policies in place.
Job Title: Zonal Business Development Officers
The Zonal Business Development Officer (BDO), reporting directly to the Operations Manager will lead in the fiel level implementation of the Business Development Services (BDS) component of the Rural Enterprises Programme (REP) at the zonal level.
Generally, responsibilities of the job position will include:
• Assisting in the planning, implementation, coordination and follow-up of all the business development activities of the Programme Implemented through the Business Advisory Centres (BACs) and Rural Technology Facilities (RTFs) in the districts at the zonal level
• Ensuring Programme implementation timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness at the zonal level and working with the BDS component team, contribute to the development and implementation strategies, arrangements and guidelines
• Liaise with all the programme implementation partners on BDS at the zonal level to ensure that the standards of the REP model BAC are consistently maintained.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Economics, Development studies or other relevant field.
• Other credentials in quantitative methods or statistics/familiarity with statistical or data management applications could be an advantage
• A minimum of 5 years experience in an operational position in Development Partner funded rural development Programmes
• Knowledge of business and project management principles and practices involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
Location: Kumasi but working to the zones as follows:
• Northen (Northern, Upper East & Upper West Regions
• Southern (Greater Accra, Eastern, Volta and Central Regions
How To Apply For The Job
Applications for the above position including CVs and copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to the following address:
The National Director
Rural Enterprises Programme
Grains Board Building, off the lake Road
Closing Date: 24 June, 2016