Posted on :
15 Jun, 2016
15 Jun, 2016
The Rural Enterprise Program (REP) seeks to improve the livelihoods and incomes of rural poor micro and small entrepreneurs. The development objective is to increase the number of rural Medium and Small Scale Enterprises (MSEs) that generate profit, growth and employment opportunities. The project has four outcomes, namely: (1) business development services accessible to MSEs in rural districts; (2) technical skills transferred and technologies disseminated; (3) access of MSEs to finance ensured; and (4) MSE support institutions and policies in place.
Job Title: Technology Promotion Officer
• The Technology Promotion Officer, reporting directly to the Operations Manager, will assist in the implementation of the Agricultural Commodity Processing Infrastructure Development (ACPID) component of the Programme.
• S/He will generally be responsible for ensuring that the Districts have the requisite system to upgrade the level of technology if rural micro and small enterprises (MSEs).
The Technology Promotion Officer will perform duties including:
• Assisting in the implementation of the Agricultural Commodity Processing Infrastructure Development (ACPID). He / She will be responsible for ensuring that the Districts have the requisite system to upgrade the level of technology of rural micro and small enterprises (MSEs). He / She will report to the National Director on matters relating to the development of requisite system for technology transfer to rural MSEs in the districts.
• Supporting the establishment and operations of Rural Technology Facilities (RTFs) in collaboration with the District Assemblies, selected Implementing Entity for the ACPID component and the private sector
• Coordinating the delivery of services in training and technology dissemination based on prior needs assessment by the RTFs and BACs including master craft persons training, traditional apprentices training which require the use of Technology Service Providers
• Identifying and working with existing institutions which have similar facilities and / or have common objectives as the RTFs especially in districts where there are no RTFs
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification working experience.
• Knowledge of business and project management principles and practices
• Experience with a donor-funded agency may be an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Applications for the above position including CVs and copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to the following address:
The National Director
Rural Enterprises Programme
Grains Board Building, off the lake Road
Closing Date: 24 June, 2016