Posted on :
1 Jul, 2012
1 Jul, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading International Industrial Group to recruit a Sales Manager for its operations in WestAfrica.
The candidate will responsible for all sales and marketing initiatives organised either by Corporate or ID Marketing to increase sales, market share and brand awareness within all the potential distribution networks and for all the brands in the portfolio. He will develop and implement sales initiatives to grow sales in assigned region in conjunction with the GM. Develop and build business relation with existing customers as well as developing new contacts with distributors in order to ensure the company has the maximum coverage and the required service levels in the assigned territory.
The candidate will also ensure that he achieves and exceeds the Gross Sales & Market Contribution (MC) objectives and other objectives as assigned by the GM.
The candidate will report directly to the GM Africa.
This position is based in Ghana.
• Maintains a detailed knowledge of Company products, systems and services and ensure our clients receive an efficient service and support mechanism.
• Research new opportunities, estimate volume and develop a detailed plan on how to include these new customers into our existing distribution network.
• Ensures a minimum of 22% of the sales done through Novelties (new products), involving defining the needs for new items, new shape decoration, packaging, material etc.
• Proposes for each client the commercial policy and conditions (range, price adaptation, rebates, incentive…)
• Develops our CRM program with all distributors and provides the required training and support.
• Forecasts sales on a monthly basis assessing where major discrepancies occur, liaising with the GM at all times. Transfers the forecasts to the forecasting section ensuring the right product mix and pricing strategies to meet the sales targets while achieving maximum cash flow.
• Establish the annual Budget per countries, channels & entities.
• Liaises with the Africa /International Marketing to develop and implement promotion and merchandising in all distribution channels including Hypermarket & Supermarket chains, department stores, home specialists and chain stores.
• Ensures the appropriate merchandising of products, supported by trained merchandisers where they are required.
• Analyse how well the promotion of products has been carried our, recommending changes to the Marketing Department.
• Ensures the display of required products in the stores, protecting and promoting the Brands image policy in the territory, reports on all marketing issues to the ID Marketing Department.
• Promotes and sells full ranges and concepts to the supermarket chains, discount stores, the independent retail outlets, Hotel Groups, Restaurants, Resorts, Institutions…
• Participate in trade shows and other required public relation event
• Set up and follow a performance indicator board (Margin, Turnover, Shortage, payments…)
• Ensure the payment terms are adhered to and follows up with clients on outstanding payments
• Reports on weekly basis on activity through a detailed framework to be defined with the GM.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• B.A./B.S. in marketing/management/commerce or related field.
• 3 to 6 years sales experience, in the glass and tableware business or within FMCG or Food service activities, including experience dealing with distributors within International Group carrying Brand
• Demonstrated competencies in client’s development, negotiation, sales or marketing experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and a hard working “can do” attitude, able to quickly gain the respect of management and staff, as well as customers and prospective.
• Must be a team player, flexible, open-minded and able to fit a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
• Fluency in English & French.
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]