Hired Capital is a recruiting firm specializing in recruiting solutions in Africa. We are based in Accra, Ghana and recruit for various industries. Our best candidates are professional with deep local expertise in Africa.
JOB VACANCY – HEAD OF SALES AND MARKETING
Our client is a leading multimedia company in West Africa. Due to a successful and expanding business a new role has been created for Head of Sales and Marketing. The incumbent will manage at least 30 employees and will report to the Head of Financial Operations.
The ideal candidate would have excellent oral and written communication skills and would perform the following duties:
- Capitalize on market trends and manage product marketing budgets
- Monitor ROI of marketing and PR investments across a range of media and customer acquisition channels
- Lead all core brand/product line activities: marketing communications (positioning, advertising, public relations), consumer promotions, product strategy, team goals, consumer insights, forecasting, pricing, budgeting and reporting
- Create strategic go-to-market plans for all products and execute on those plans flawlessly.
- Understand and manage consumer and customer retention activities,
- Maximize the revenue generated from all products and maintain excellent client relations
- Collaborate cross-functionally other departmental heads and with internal team on ensure that company goals and strategy are being implemented.
- Identify new opportunities for products, product groups or IP creation based on market and consumer trends and insights
- Identify and execute cross-promotional alliances with potential partners and maintain and develop a strong pipeline of customers
- Manage, develop and train about 30 sales and marketing employees
- Develop, train, implement, and manage sales incentive and marketing programs
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 7 years experience, with 4 years or more in the media industry or extensive knowledge and experience in media buying.
- A degree or certification in marketing, business or equivalent is preferred
- An MBA and product management experience is an advantage
- Innovative, and the ability to manage responsibilities and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
- Data analysis and strong technology background in Power Point and Excel is a must
- Excellent relationship management and selling skills is required.
- Understanding of both strategic and tactical marketing concepts and demonstrated ability to drive acquisition, retention and monetization growth
- Proven managerial skills is required
- Remuneration includes a base and commission.
How To Apply
To apply: Register on our website at www.hiredcapital.com. You may also send resumes to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary and benefits are competitive
Closing date: 26 Oct, 2011