Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: Manager, Service Delivery
Manages the general operational aspects of the HR function with a view of providing consultative assistance required by the Head of HR, HR Business Partners and other HR Specialists in delivering a comprehensive and efficient HR service to the business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure full alignment to the Group HR Profits, Rewards and Benefits (PRB) Delivery strategy and target operating model
- Understand business specific product needs and design/implement PRB solutions for the business, consistent with Group policies, using Retail Banking product specialist knowledge and drawing analytical support from HR Shared Service Centre (HRSSC).
- Contribute to the policy and strategic management of PRB Delivery Group-wide.
- Work with the HR leadership team in-country to deliver the HR collective agenda and the Strategic People Agenda for Ghana
- Work with HR Team to ensure pay for performance through the implementation of Group guidelines on Performance, Pay & Potential (P3)
- Work with Supply Chain Management to deliver value for the Bank through an effective and efficient vendor management process
- Identify opportunities to drive simplification, efficiency, effectiveness, stability and optimisation, through standardisation, centralisation, straight-through processing, automation etc, maximising flexibility, minimising handover points and reducing cost (without compromising controls)
- Manage the Payroll (end-to-end), benefits and pensions processes and in addition manage the relationship with regulatory. statutory bodies and stakeholders.
- Manage the central storage of documents and the retrieval process
- Drive continuous improvement in the accuracy, integrity and timely input of data into relevant (HR) systems including PeopleSoft, Phoenix and Optial.
- Manage the administration of all reimbursement claims with regard to welfare entitlements of employees such as Funeral assistance, etc.
- Ensure staff related procedures and practices comply with local requirements for legal procedural compliance and fair employee treatment.
- Ensure that PRB remains within approved cost. Understand cost drivers and seek ways of making cost saves
- Manage the risk framework of the Human Resource functions in the country and raise alerts to responsible stakeholders where necessary for issues to be escalated and dealt with.
- Co-ordinate Business Continuity Processes of the HR Unit.
- Embed Compensation and Benefits policies and processes within the HR function and ensure alignment of all migration processes with HRSSC.
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders, promptly escalating key risks and issues
- Provide guidance and expertise to the HR SSC teams in the execution of the operational aspects of HR products and services, ensuring:
- Manage HR PRB Delivery related vendors in Ghana (including benefits and payroll providers) in line with the global vendor management framework
- Partner with the Head, HR to monitor and manage vendor performance against established SLAs, with regular performance reviews to highlight and address areas of concern (managing exceptions, challenging behaviours and implementing consequences), and ensure the provision of quality, cost efficient services that meet business needs.
- Manage the risk framework of the Human Resource functions in the country and raising alerts to responsible stakeholders where necessary for issues to be escalated and dealt with.
- Act as the Business Operational Risk Manager (BORM) under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for Human Resources. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Ensure that the Risk Management Framework is fully embedded in HR Nigeria
- Ensure that all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, controlled, monitored and reported in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ensure a proactive risk identification framework is in place to highlight early signs of process failures
- Ensure a timely, accurate and comprehensive operational risk and loss tracking, reporting and escalation is in place
- Ensure that service deliverables with third party suppliers are met without compromising accepted and agreed risk parameters
- Escalate issues as required, ensuring effective communication is in place between the FORTM, CORC, and PGCs
- Act as the Process Owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework Process ownership for risks related to PRBD in the HR Process Universe
- Responsible for ensuring awareness and understanding of the local and group HR policies, procedures and regulatory framework in which the Group/country operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the HR team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles; Financial Crime Prevention and The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head HR, Ghana & West Africa – responsibilities include providing advisory services on all matters pertaining to Group PRBD policy; PRBD governance; operational risk management; HR Processes, HR cost management; industry PRBD practices/benchmarks, etc
- HRBPs – Support and Advisory services on all matters related to HR backend process, query, act as a consultant with regards to performance, reward and benefits
- Country Finance – ensure all vendor management/payroll related support that country finance provides, including accrual of variable compensation, are in line with the terms of the SLA between HR & Country Finance. HR Costs are provided by country Finance on a monthly basis and also information on the amortisation of the car benefit is provided as and when needed.
- Country Compliance/Legal – ensure that HR gets guidance on all matters that require regulatory compliance/approval (for example, all processes that are migrated to HRSSC are certified by country compliance as eligible for migration). Also HR keeps an obligation register which is reviewed and approved by Country Compliance
- Supply Chain Management – for all support that requires utilisation of Bank approved vendors
- Trust Consult Limited (Payroll Vendor) – ensure efficient and effective payroll administration
- HRSSC – coordinate PRB Delivery issues
- SSNIT – manage pension contributions and data
- Enterprise Trustees – manage pension contributions and data
- Ghana Revenue Authority – coordinate PAYE and annual tax filing processes
- Nationwide Mutual Healthcare – coordinate employee healthcare benefits
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Ghana
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- First Degree holder in any discipline
- Relevant HR Professional Certification such as Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD)
- A good knowledge of IT systems and capabilities
- A detailed knowledge of the Bank’s HR policies and relevant local legislation
- Improvement / awareness of current labour practices etc
- Sound financial analysis and management experience, including proven experience in handling significant / complex budgets and strong analytical skills
- Results-oriented. Proven ability to manage numerous conflicting priorities, adapt rapidly and work well under high pressure in a fast-paced environment, while providing a quality customer service
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant (employment) legislation in a large market
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication and influencing skills, combined with a proven ability to effectively challenge to deliver business results
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online