Posted on :
23 Jun, 2016
23 Jun, 2016
SEND GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) established by the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa ( SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security, equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone , resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
Job Title: CSO Strengthening and Advocacy Coordinator
The CSO Strengthening and Advocacy Coordinator provides support to the team through assessment, planning, monitoring and documentation, capacity building support and coordination with the local partner to implement the Northern Ghana Governance Activity. The position requires working closely with the team members and the local partner organization to ensure participation of diverse groups of civil society.
• Manage design and implementation of technical and organizational capacity building activities targeted at increasing the capacity of locals CSO’s to demand better service delivery in agriculture.
• To formulate goals, expected results and impact as well as indicators for strengthening of civil society that are measurable.
• Collate, analyze and share learning and best practices from programme work for strengthening of civil society.
• In cooperation with GELAP staff, undertake participatory research and monitoring, identify advocacy targets and formulate policy change messages
• Present the thematic areas of the project in a way that can be used for communications and advocacy.
• Help develop appropriate advocacy strategies in cooperation with partners and the team
• Monitor and analyze debates on issues relevant to the project
• Contribute to program monitoring, evaluating, and periodic reporting.
• Serve as liaison between Project headquarters and SEND regional networking centre
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in political science, sociology, education or other relevant social science discipline is required
• At least three years of experience in providing support to local government and to civil society advocacy capacity building is required
• Experience working on a USAID-funded or other donor project pertaining to technical and organization capacity development is preferred
• At least three years of experience must have been in a managerial capacity is required
• Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in CSO capacity building is preferred.
• Ability to negotiate and coordinate at all levels
• Ability to advocate and influence policy.
• Ability to train and facilitate
• Previous experience liaising with local and regional governments is required
• Strong track record in policy research
• Experience in budget research and analysis
• Experience in working on consortium related projects
• Demonstrable excellent writing and analytical skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter to the:-
A 28 Regimanuel Estates,
Email: [email protected]
Kindly use the title of the position as the ‘Subject’ of the mail
Closing Date: 29 June, 2016
SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.