SEND GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) established by the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa ( SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security, equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone , resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Director of Finance
Objective of position: to ensure effective management of resources and financial compliance within the organization.
A. Financial Management and Planning
- Ensure financial accounting records, monitoring, and internal controls.
- · Ensure budget implementation, controls and reporting including forecasts, projections, accrual, funds requests, regular and ad-hoc financial reports, variance analyses, and reconciliations.
- · Manage audits of SEND GHANA.
- Planning and coordinating the activities of the SEND GHANA Finance unit by ensuring that the unit has adequate resources to effectively undertake its activities.
- · Providing leadership to all field finance staff in the Regional and National offices in regards to carrying out their daily tasks in an effective and efficient manner as per SEND GHANA policies and procedures and Donor requirements.
- · Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of budgets for all projects/program as per SEND GHANA and Donor formats, on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- · Ensure provision of timely and sound financial reports to the management, donor and other stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- · Represent SEND GHANA in various forums as and when necessary.
- · Instituting organizational financial policies and procedures with the approval of the SMT, identifying where there are gaps and ensuring compliance to the said policies.
- · Assist the Director of Finance in all financial issues and correspondence on financial matters with partners, donors and government agencies.
- Shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the financial system of the organization including ensuring sound and effective functioning systems
- Sign cheques as appropriate authorised;
B. Reporting and Donor Management
- · Review, revise, update financial operations policies and procedures as and when required
- · Supervise budgetting and program planning of SEND GHANA project partners.
- · Oversees and manages the annual auditing process and liaise regularly with auditors (internal and external), donors and government agencies.
- Produce regular financial reports and management accounts and submit same to the Director of Finance.
- Monitor cash flow, and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
- Assist to develop programme and project budgets and monitor and review adherence to such budgets.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared and filed.
- Ensure that financial transactions are promptly and accurately documented and recorded
- Facilitate the development of annual departmental budgets and prepare annual consolidated budget for the attention of the Director of Finance and the Senior Management Team.
- Supervise and receive reports from Account/Finance Officers in regional and national centers.
- Define and receive the report of the internal audit function.
- Prepare all financial reports requested by donors and other organizations.
- Prepare and submit the annual financial statements to the Director of Finance.
- Prepare and submit such reports as may be requested by the Director of Finance, Country Director and the CEO, West Africa.
C. Compliance and Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- · Ensure Financial Management in accordance with SEND GHANA and donor rules and regulations, including strategic management of objectives, resources, and risk.
- · Ensure regular financial monitoring in the field /project sub offices are undertaken and any findings and recommendations are implemented in good time.
- · Ensure that SEND GHANA is in compliance with statutory laws and legislations regarding finances.
- · Ensure full compliance with internal policies, donor regulations and budget restrictions on all projects.
- · Oversee the performance management of all finance staff and undertake annual performance review of finance staff.
D. Capacity Building
- · Provide orientation and training to all managers on cost- effective management and SEND GHANA financial policies and procedures.
- · Ensure Identification of any capacity gaps and ensure any capacity building needs in the finance team are identified.
- · Ensure the planning and implementation of capacity building activities for SEND GHANA finance staff and partners on timely and efficient manner.
- · Mentor and develop SEND GHANA finance team and ensure staff develop competencies in the key functional areas.
E. Other Duties
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Qualification and experience:
- Must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related disciplines from a reputable university.
- Professional qualifications; CA, ACCA or CPA
- 4 years or more experience in managing accounts in an NGO one of which must be in a management position
- Experience of managing donor funds and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Ability to present, discuss and supervise compliance with grants monitoring protocols with team members of varying levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective project files for accountability and audit purposes
- Financial report writing,
- People management,
- ability to work under pressure,
- Team player
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word; Excel; accounting software and payroll systems. Knowledge of Access preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter to the HR Manager, A 28 Regimanuel Estates, Nungua Barrier, Sakumono, Accra. Email: [email protected] use the title of the position as the ‘Subject’ of the mail. SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply. Deadline: 29th June,2016