Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Geoscientist II and will manage and complete assignments in two or more fields of geoscience with a minimum of technical supervision.
- Responsible for the evaluation of exploration development, or acquisition opportunities in a significant area of exploration activity on a major project or in a mine operation
- Collect geochemical samples according to defined best practices
- Analyze and interpret geochemical data resulting in reporting writing
- Design, implement, interpret and react to analytical quality control procedures
- Design Geochemical surveys to address exploration questions, including provision for staffing, equipment and quality control
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor of Science in Geoscience or related field knowledge of geological, geochemical, and/or geophysical principles
- Typically has more than 6 years of industry experience in a mining or exploration environment
- Must be able to hold/operate a phone and radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation
- Will work in mines, project sites and/or Greenfield exploration environments where conditions may be primitive and/or harsh at times
If you would like to be considered for any of these position, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
E-mail: [email protected]
Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Closing: 30th June, 2011