Posted on :
16 May, 2012
16 May, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading food and beverage manufacturer to recruit a Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) Engineer for its operations in Ghana.
The Safety Health and Environmental engineer will have the responsibility of developing and maintaining of SAFETY, HEALTH, and ENVIRONMENT (SHE) Policy and programs for the company to ensure: Safety, health environment and security policy is defined, communicated and implemented as per Group/ local statutory requirement, continuous improvement in employee health and safety, work environment and environmental impact of the company’s operations, regular update and maintenance of SHE system documentation, security of Employees and Company property.
The responsibilities for this position shall include but is not limited to the following:
• Plans and promotes SHE programs including training and regular sensitization of all Employees. Will identify and collaborate with external parties as needed to offer appropriate training to staff.
• Conducts periodic SHE risk assessments/audits to identify system deficiencies and recommend appropriate actions.
• Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions in the work environment and recommends engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or personal protective equipment.
• Coordinates the fire extinguisher maintenance program and the annual safety system inspection and test programs. This shall include employee drills and testing of emergency and early warning systems to ensure regular function.
• Follow up on Maintenance execution, plant repairs and site maintenance to ensure staff and contractors adhere to work permits and safety standards.
• Performs or assists with accident investigations as needed.
• Ensures Compliance to SHE applicable statutory regulations including the maintenance and timely renewal of SHE related permits and certificates such as: fire certificate; Pressure vessels and lift equipment (forklifts and hoists) certificate of compliance etc.
• Ensures Compliance to EPA applicable statutory regulations including the maintenance and timely renewal of environmental permits and EPA statutory reporting.
• Establishes and maintains harmonious relationships with external parties and representatives of state agencies – factory inspectorate and the EPA.
• Prepares post-accident/incident reports and ensures that processes take necessary corrective action to prevent future accidents/incidents. Communicates recommendations to all concerned parties promptly and follow up on actions implementation.
• Prepares SHE reports for Management, including charts and graphs, to determine trends and needs.
• Responsible for record keeping of the SHE function, including factory inspectorate and EPA filings.
• Maintains training records and assembles accident/incident data for Group KPI reporting as well as local statutory reporting to the factory inspectorate and EPA.
• Induction of new Production Personnel, including casuals
• Technical training coordination and follow-up on trained Personnel – on the job and other.
• Management of short term projects on the production line directed at continuous process improvement
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering or Related Field
• Minimum of 3 years of SHE experience in manufacturing or processing industry
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, ensuring that plans, guidance and advice is accurate, timely & effective
• Demonstrated ability to quickly gather & analyze facts & input from all stakeholders, provide clear guidance & build consensus on solutions & be able to customize for unique circumstances
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated effective written/oral communications with internal and external contacts
• strong leadership skills in interacting and influencing individuals
• Proven ability to coach and work directly with Plant Superintendents and Supervisors providing support at the level they need to fulfill their SHE responsibilities
Kindly send us your CV in Word format at [email protected]