BASIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Coordinator, Finance and Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general accounting for SAA. This includes but not limited to data input into SAA Accounting System, Bank Reconciliation, Personal Service Contracts, cash vouchers examination, translation of all administrative correspondences and documentations.
MAJOR DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for.
- Review activity budgets for funding.
- Prepare vouchers for payment.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Manage bank accounts, and the transfer of money between head-office, country office
- Monitor cashflow, and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank and on cash.
- Prepare the monthly financial accounting reports at the end of each month
- Monitor the funding situation, and prepare the funding grid at the end of each month.
- Provide any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries.
- Assist in audit undertaken.
- Ensure that documents and signatures are valid.
- Prepare the payroll
- Remit every withholding to appropriate tax authorities
- Record all transactions, on computer systems as appropriate.
- Ensure that all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner.
- Produce bills for staff use of vehicles and phone.
- Project accounting
- Supervise the reconciliation of travel advances
- Provide support to program staff, and work closely with them to ensure that financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare mini budget for program activities and ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of funds.
- Prepare logistic memos to ensure compliance and accuracy in retiring advances.
- Assist in the production of the monthly accounts (specifically, produce the cashbooks and the analyzed cashbooks for the office).
- Liaise with program staff to ensure that disbursed funds to hotels and other vendors are accurately and promptly reconciled in line with the internal policies and procedures of SAA Secretariat.
- Work with the Coordinator to respond to queries on financial reports submitted to SAA Council or donor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Excellent presentation skills both oral and written, with a strong ability to communicate to large and small audiences.
- Strong analytical skills for examining multiple program components, including small and large data sets.
- Well-organized and skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, Ghanaian, CSO representatives, Members of the National Assembly, SAA’s Council Members
- Control own work to ensure error free data processing.
- Flexible, diligent and team-oriented.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations in country.
- Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Coordinator.
How To Apply
Requirement Bsc in accounting, bilingual English French is most. Dead line 5th january 2012.
Closing: 29 Dec, 2011